Dr.Clank

rear lift kit differences

Dr.Clank

Is there a practical difference between the rear lift kit (cable, rockshaft, etc) that comes with the 36" tiller and the one that comes with the slot hitch kit? I mean if I have the tiller rockshaft and cable can I still use it with the slot hitch or is the cable too long/short? If I have the slot hitch kit can I use it to lift a tiller? Do the differences in the rockshafts create some functional differences or are they basically interchangable?

Here's a diagram of the tiller lift kit: http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=07-36TL03%2C+36%22+Tiller%2C+1987&dn=810370R2-70R20003-0002

And here's a diagram of the slot hitch lift kit: http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=85523%2C+Slot+Hitch%2C+1977&dn=803683R1-83R10001-0001

daveoman1966

The same cable connects to a lift point on the tiller and on the slot hitch, as well as the clevis hitch.  Once installed, the kit is universal for rear attachments / implements.  The tiller connects to a rear axle bracket....NOT to the slot hitch.  The slot hitch (and clevis hitch) both attach to the gearbox via 3/4" pin and both have to be removed to use the tiller. 

• Like 1

Dr.Clank

Thanks for the reply Dave. I was aware that the tiller does not connect to the slot hitch. I just thought that since the slot hitch kit rockshaft has 2 arms and the tiller lift kit rockshaft has 1 arm that maybe they would not be interchangable. 

MalMac

I use my slot hitch with the tiller rockshaft. If I remember right I just have to move the clevis up on the chain a bit. Whether that's right or wrong I don't know. It works just fine for me and have not encountered any problems.