captainownage01

Kohler K181 Cranks But No Spark

captainownage01

I've finished the rebuild on my K181 and I have looked over an unimaginable number of diagrams and images, but the engine has no spark. The starter works and turns the engine but I cannot for the life of me figure out why this is happening. Does anyone have an idea of what could be wrong? Thanks

Edited by captainownage01

rmaynard

The usual questions, do you have 12 volts at the (+) terminal of the coil? Do you have the (-) terminal connected to the points and condenser? Are the points set to .020"?

• Like 1

squonk

Make sure you have a GOOD 12v at the coil. Don 't use a test light. Use a meter. If you don't believe me , see my thread Marvin 's dilemma !

• Like 1

captainownage01

Thanks for the advice. I checked the points and they were sitting at .035 so that may have explained that. I have yet to try it out seeing as how it was about 10:30 last night when i got around to adjusting the points. Ill have to give it a shot when i get home and see what happens. This is my first wheel horse and it's the first time I've rebuilt an engine so I really appreciate all of the pointers.