Fun Engineer

Adding electrical accessories.

Fun Engineer

So I've got this desire to add more lights and a couple of linear actuators but I can't find an accessory line on my 314-A.  I know I can add an accessory bar with terminals on it to power up my accessories but what power source do I tap into, that is keyed from the switch to power my accessory bar?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Dave

gwest_ca

Wiring diagram

I would add a fused relay that is activated by the pink wire from the accessories terminal on the ignition switch. This circuit powers the gauges. That way you are not adding the load to the ignition switch.

Garry

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Garry

Thanks for your help.

Sorry I should have been more clear.  I've got the newer 314-A. This is my tractors wiring diagram.  Would I tie into the pink between the Park Brake and Light Switch or the 15amp pink leasing from the switch to the ACC light? 

Dave

gwest_ca

If you tap into the pink feeding the light switch the 15 amp fuse ahead of that will protect the relay coil. They don't draw much amperage. Then fuse the power supply to the relay high enough to carry the load you are adding. 20 amp and 30 amp relays are easily found. If it takes more than one feed the 2nd coil or more off the output of the first one.

Garry

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Thanks Garry

Another question. I've never used a relay for installing any lights.  I've always just provided a fused block and ran the circuit directly from that. Can you help explain what I'm going to need and how they work? I'm assuming they are available in most auto supply stores?  I've purchase products from an on-line electrical house before so I could always go that route if I can't find it locally.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by Fun Engineer

Fun Engineer

Garry

Thank goodness for YouTube.  Just learned how and when to use a relay. No need to further explain.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

KC9KAS

Garry

Thank goodness for YouTube.  Just learned how and when to use a relay. No need to further explain.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

Just see how educational these forums are!