Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Power King Economy Question.....

Docwheelhorse

Hello All, I have the chance to buy a very very nice Power King Economy with the 16 HP Kohler K. It is a single transmission model and has weights, chains and a BIG snow plow. All Factory stuff... the old guy that owns it gought it new and used it up until recently when he went blind suddenly. He knows I'm into anything with four tires and NO FENDERS!! :omg: He said to make him an offer, well...... I :banghead: what these things are really worth. Anybody have a clue what I should offer? I have a number in mind but wanted to ask around.

Thanks

Tony

:USA:

traktorkidd7/30/93

:omg:

And one of my friends was looking for an economy to make a "super stock" pulling tractor out of but than he bought any gravely :USA:

Personally I think Economys are awesome machine even if they have the single tranny their great machines for practically anything.

I have seen them go for prices ranging from free- $2500+ depending on model, condition, etc.

I know someone else that has one with a loader too :banghead:

Jim_M

Tony,

Is it a model # 1614 with a fiberglass hood? The fiberglass tractors with the smaller tires and the single transmission were some of the last ones built. They're not as desirable as the steel hood tractors with the larger tires.

If it's in really nice shape and includes a mower deck too, I would say $1000.00 is top dollar, if it doesn't have a mower deck, $750.00 is probably the most it would be worth. These are strictly my opinions.

Jim

Docwheelhorse

Hi JIm, I haven't physically "touched" the tractor. I have looked at it through the garage window from 6' away. I think it is a steel hood older unit..... I should of gotten a midel number and should have l;ooked to see if it had a three point or such. I was originally thinking $1000..... but after looking on Ebay they seem to be going in the $450--$750 range. Suprising that they are relatively cheap for a decent sized machine. I will do some homework on parts availability etc.... :banghead:

Thanks

Tony