wheelhorse857

2007 Wheel Horse Anniversery Edition

wheelhorse857

Hi there I need some help from my fellow Wheel Horse tractor folks.  I just moved into a new house in Harrisburg area Pennsylvania.  I have a large driveway with an acre to mow.  I have a really nice 856 that I use to plow, although my driveway seems to be quite large for what my little old tractor can handle considering its over 45 years old and still has its original work clothes on.  I want to semi-retire this nice little tractor and put it back in my collection. 

Here is where I need some help.  I would like to locate an NOS Wheel Horse 315 classic anniversary edition to put into service to mow my lawn and plow snow.  Does anybody know of any dealers in the Pennsylvania area, or surrounding states that would have an NOS tractor in their inventory for sale?  Or any model tractor that has a little more power for handling tougher chores like a 312 or 314?  I would like to have a new tractor that I can keep another 40 years.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you

WH nut

Good luck finding new. I know there are a few members with NOS, but I don't know if they want to sell. Find yourself a nice 312,314 and you will be good to go. Even a 310 would make a good ride.

Edited by WH nut
  • Like 1

AMC RULES

They are out there.

Good luck to you.

:WRS: 

• Like 1

chazm

WELCOME TO :rs:

Hello fellow PA   :wh:  guy, I'm now far away from you ,just south,close to Gettysburg

I agree with WH Nut on finding a NOS tractor, but there are lots listed on Craigs List in the area to check out :handgestures-thumbupright:

Good luck ,we're here to help :greetings-clappingyellow:

Chasm :flags-waveusa:

KATO

You are probably better off with a good used one... ALOT

cheaper and not hard to find. These tractors are easy to fix and as already

stated LOTS of help here :handgestures-thumbupright:

oh yea :text-welcomewave:  to :rs:

• Like 1

buckrancher

last I knew there was a nos one sitting at a dealer in Millville,Pa

leeave96

If I had the $$$$'s, I would be posting this question too!  I hope you find one - there's nothing like buying at least one old iron tractor NEW with zero hours on it.  I bought my 314-8 new and feel forunate to have done so.  As time goes by, there are fewer and fewer original owners, so it's kind of cool to be in that club.  I know Van bought his 312-8 new and I suspect if he had to part with his fleet, the 312 would be the last to go - just because he bought it new and has had it so long.  I feel the same way about my 314-8 too.  So I hope you find a new one and please post pics.

Having said the above, I'm laying plans to rid myself of my other color tractors in the next few years and once again standardize on the Wheelhorse 300/400/500 series tractors.  No disrespect to my other color tractors or any other series of Wheelhorse, I just like the 3/4/500 series models.  What I'm seeing here and there are some really decent tractors between $500 and $1000 with less than 500 hours.  IMHO when you have less than 500 hrs, the tractor is still pretty new and not anywhere near a problamatic restoration queen that will nickle and dime you to death.

Sooooo, if you come up empty handed on a NOS Wheelhorse 315-8, don't be discouraged.  A nice 314-8 with a Kohler Magnum with low hours will make you a very nice tractor for a loooong time and heck, once it get's hopelessly dirty, it's used anyway just like a NOS Wheelhorse.

Good luck,

Bill

• Like 1

TT

I know of a 60th Anniversary 315-8 near Pittsburgh, but it has 62 hours.

It comes with a 42" RD deck and the seller is asking $5000

post-33-0-56884200-1389383299.jpg

I'll PM the info to you.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 4

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:

Wishin4a416

I know of a 60th Anniversary 315-8 near Pittsburgh, but it has 62 hours.

It comes with a 42" RD deck and the seller is asking $5000

attachicon.gif3158.jpg

I'll PM the info to you.  :handgestures-thumbup:

I see that quite often also on my local listings. Very nice machine.

Racinbob

There's a guy that had two of them listed sometime age on Ebay. Both were brand new 2007's and he wanted $4500 each or $8000 for both. I found his posting but it ended in 2011. He's in Ohio. Do a Yahoo search for '2007 Wheel Horse' and you'll find the old listing. It's a long shot but it couldn't hurt to try and contact him. I saw the posting on Ebay when it was still active and I was tempted to make the long drive but the boss nixed it.

boovuc

I visited with Jaydeer out at Jackson Center, PA about a year and a half ago and in Jackson Center, (a few miles above I-80 off I-79), there was a Toro/Wheelhorse dealer that I stopped at and he had two 315's brand new back then.

I don't know if Jaydeer is on much but a search of Jackson Center businesses gave me this name as a Toro dealer there. Give them a call and see if he has anything left. It wouldn't be too much of a trip from Harrisburg. (Route 15, I80 then I79).

Montgomery Hardware, Inc.

724) 662-4920

Good Luck!

PS.....they sold me three little red caps for the idiot lights for a 1992 416-8 speed and all I had to do was tell them what I wanted and they didn't look at me like I had three heads! These guys know Wheelhorse!

Edited by boovuc

BOWTIE

THERE WERE TWO IN NORTHERN,OHIO THAT WERE ON EBAY.  THEY WERE A TORO DEALER AND NOW A EQUIPMENT REPAIR SHOP ALSO .  SORRY, I CAN'T REMEMBER THE NAME OF THE BUSINESS.

• Like 1

ericj

dale's mower service in kempton pa up close to hamburg pa has a new 314-8 not sure of the year but he has a very good selection of used equipment give dale a call @ 610-756-6453. he is only about an hr away from harrisburg pa and he is a good guy and welcome to red square

eric j 

• Like 1

Forest Road

I'm a bit surprised that there are so many NOS in PA. I picked up a 1994 314H 2-3 years ago from my local WH dealer. A gentleman had bought it new years ago. He passed away and the family sold it back to the dealer. It had 176 hours, was waxed regularly, and hardly used. I'm sure that there are many WHs in similar condition out there. Happy hunting! Almost forgot. There's a sweet 518xi on EBay w bagger and blower. As an Xi owner I can't say enough about them. More power, tighter turning, Faster mowing. You'd be very happy!

Edited by Forest Road
  • Like 1