Wyattrrp

98-99 Toro WHeelhose 268-h Vac Bagger belt for 42" deck

Wyattrrp

Ok maybe a dumb question but I am confused.  My sisters husband has a  99 Toro Wheelhorse newer 268-H tractor with a 98 deck and 97 blower vac bagger.  He  bought the 42" deck and single stage Vac Bagger with it new. His 42" deck had the add-on Vac Bagger system mounted on the discharge of the deck.  He wants to have a spare deck & blower belt on hand.  My question is does one replace the 132.5" deck belt with a longer one to go around the extra pulleys on the blower unit ?  Looking at the parts manuals it appears the blower #79203 calls for a 71" belt.  And the 42 " deck #788231 *900001+ calls for a 132.5" belt   When installing the blower for the bagger does that deck belt just need to be longer to do both the deck and blower?  The Deck parts diagram seems to show replacing the outer spindle blade pulley with a dual pulley to add the blower belt to drive the blower?  Adding a dual pulley, one to drive the deck blade then the other to tap power to run the blower?.  Seems awfully long to add a 71" belt just for the rather small blower vac. unit as the vac bagger parts manual 79203 4900001+ CALLS FOR..  My brotherinlaw seems to think there is a single belt driving the deck and blower  so the belt would need to be longer than 132.5"   He is not mechanically inclined so reading the manuals and parts lists it wold seem there is a dual pulley then a separate belt to drive the blower?  But 71" seems excessive.

I dont find these manuals on this site and on the Toro site the parts manuals are free but operators manuals not. 

Anyone have a '99 268-H with a vac blower bagger system?   His snow blower calls for almost the same belt as deck a 131.5 belt.  Inter switchable?  Same 1/2 x 5/16 on the Lube Spindle Bslt chart on this site.

Curious if anyone knows if the vac Bagger system uses a single longer belt or a dual pulley and separate shorter belt for the vac system?

Thanks in advance and Happy New Year!

Wyatt

gwest_ca

Looks to me like the 71" belt is correct for the 2nd belt to drive the blower. You can download the 1998 manual and all after that up to 2004.

Use 8912345 for a serial number with the 79203 model number. I went here

https://lookup3.toro.com/request/request.cfm

Garry

Wyattrrp

Thanks Gary

I could not download the Operators Manual from Toro, I guess I was in a different section of their site. Parts manual was free but had to buy Op Man, which was our next step.

Op Man clearly shows removal of single pulley then putting on a dual pulley when first installing the blower . One pulley for the blade spindle (132.5") the other pulley to drive the vac blower that calls for the 71" belt. This settles it, there are definitely 2 belts called for.

Thanks again

Wyatt