TravelinJavelin

Winch mounted single stage blower

TravelinJavelin

well I'm still thinking and as much as I would love t do a hydraulic set up is going to be to expensive for right now and leaning towards a winch mount set up so if I went that route I would have no need for a lift flag right? as long as the winch is front mounted correct? still looking for more pics and idea's on this too

decksetter

Where would you mount the winch? I'm not sure how this would work, as there isn't anything solid enough up front to mount a winch to that will be high enough to actually lift it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

SCOOBY 312-h

if you found a way to mount a small winch to the atachamatic i wouldnt see why that wouldnt work, or take the mower mule drive and mount the winch to the front of that?

TT

if you found a way to mount a small winch to the atachamatic i wouldnt see why that wouldnt work, or take the mower mule drive and mount the winch to the front of that?

But then where you attach the thrower? :confusion-shrug:

416snowcrew010.jpg

Perhaps a rear-mounted winch with some pulleys and a bellcrank / Z bar under the tractor frame to turn the winch pull into a push and raise the thrower using a modified lift tube? :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

There was just a recent thread where a fellow made a raised  mount on the frame and added a winch to lift implements. But i forget the name of the thread and where it was.

I search around for it later.

TT

Was it Lars?

Wishin4a416

Was it Lars?

Thats the one I was referring to.

Thanks TT

• Like 1

TravelinJavelin

yeah I saw that but I just don't want to alter the battery placement that's all my thought was to tackweld a ring on the blower, build a tower winch mount with some pins to deattach if you had to get under the hood, I admit there would be some measuring involved for clearances to lift the blower, but anyways just a thought the other system is a killer set up just wish there was a way to keep the battery under hood

Ed Kennell

Does your blower mount to the Tach-a-matic or to the outside of the frame.  I have both and am planning to build a winch post to lift the frame mounted blower.  It would attach to the Tach-a-matic and come up between  the blower side plate frame bars. It could easily be lowered to open the hood or removed completely by releasing the Tach-a-matic.  If you do install a winch, put a strong spring in the pull line , because  the winch  overrun will break something . HF has a 2500lb remote control winch on sale now for $50. I have this arrangement on my 4 wheeler to lift a plow, and It has worked well for several years.

can whlvr

sorry no pics of this but I put a winch in the middle of my 308,it has a pull start and no battery so I mounted it in the middle for the lifting the plow,I made a homemade jonny bucket and needed the winch to lift it,it worked good but if I were to do it again id take a lot of the cable off and only use what I needed about 3-4 feet tops,the extra cable would bind up the pull line and id have to un tangle it

pfrederi

With a helper spring the manual lift isn't that bad...is it worth all this other fooling around???

TravelinJavelin

well my shoulders are worn from pulling hoses over 100' to houses working for fuel companies over the years and just would like something on the effortless side, if I had a small driveway I could get away with it but mine is about 100' long maybe a little longer by 50' squared between the house and garage area

Joefrommi65

My buddy frome work had the same problems with his shoulder he added an extension to his lift handle and he said it made a world of difference. Just a thought.

• Like 1

shorts

could you mount a winch to the mid attachmatic and use it to pull forward on the flag to lift the plow?  use as little cable as possible and a pulley at the flag, 2/1 reduction, to help slow the winch down