Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

pics, drawings , parts lists of odd things-

Sarge

Ok , so I'm getting closer to enough parts (thankfully) to get the 876 back in shape . I've got a manual/parts drawing for it and a whole lot of used stuff coming for the build .

Question is, how to get the correct drawings for mule drives , hangar brackets (quick attach) and so forth that go along with the tractor ?? The mule drive needs new idler pulleys , a knob and some tlc but not sure what part numbers to use ...

Just got raped for a new throttle cable, wheel bearings and hydro idler pulley for the 1277.... ouch to the tune of $115 at the local Toro dealer .

Sarge

Duff

Hi, Sarge,

Very sorry to hear you got shafted on the parts. :USA: Don't know if this will help, but I've been getting mine through Jack's Small Engines at what seems to be a fair price. Just a thought for the future.....

I don't know anything about 876's, but I'm sure one of the other fellas will be along shortly to help you out! Some have gone off to a show so response may be a little delayed.

Cheers!

Duff :banghead:

Sarge

Most of the stuff bought at the local Toro dealer hasn't been out of line , just today though I got "the other guy" at the counter . Maybe he's working on his retirement fund ...

Is Jack's one of the Ebay sellers ? I see those wheel bearings on there , just wasn't sure of quality :banghead:

Thanks Duff..

Sarge

Duff

Is Jack's one of the Ebay sellers ?

Nope, it's a parts house in Maryland. Their URL is:

http://www.jackssmallengines.com/searchdb2.cfm

(Sorry - I still haven't learned how to do the link thingy most of the guys use when they post on here) :USA:

Anyway, I've had great luck with their range of parts, price and shipping. Worth a look maybe!

(BTW - I gotta ask about your screen name since I wear a uniform occasionally....)

Sarge

X-USMC ....

Never got the rank , earned the nickname years later . Some called it an attitude issue , I just had no use for bs ...lol .

Thanks for the link Duff !

Sarge

Duff

I'm not worthy of the USMC, but Semper Fi, my man! You guys are the best! :USA:

CasualObserver

Well, First... I must say then Ooo-rah there Marine! :banghead:

I spent a year at Camp Pendleton, a year at Camp Kinser, Okinawa, and two and a half at Camp Lejeune.

Second... I have to ask... what do you mean about a knob... :USA: the 876 shouldn't have a mule drive, it should have a pedal/with spring release on the right side of the tractor and a short belt going straight down to a 36 inch gear drive deck.

Take a look here in the Tractor Gallery at this 1965 Model 875 which should be pretty much identical to your 1966 Model 876.

And in the Implement Gallery... this 1966 RM-366 is the mower deck that should hang under your tractor. It simply mounts into the attach-a-matic under the tractor engine, and there is a lift rod that connects to the rocker of the lift arm.

Unless you're trying to use a newer style mule drive and deck, then you need to refer to this post from TT about converting a front attach-a-matic. Which if you do, then you should be able to use a 42" side discharge on your tractor. Although personally, I wouldn't advise it on your tractor. Your hydro rear end steals about half of the horsepower of your K-181, and that doesn't really leave you very much power to cut very tall grass with a 42" deck... but that's just my opinion.

Sarge

I should have clarified this a lot more - my bad .

I'm working at converting the 876 to use modern attachments , the older decks are scarce and look a bit too crude to me anyway (no offense) . I do have a repairable 42" deck here , plenty of assorted mule drives/brackets to make the swap happen . I had dug for a day and never found that post from TT , thanks a million for that as it helps with some of the details I'd have to engineer myself . I love to fabricate but making it work as well as they were originally designed is sometimes tough . Got plenty of frame repairs/welding to do on it now ...

The knob is for one of the mule drives I have here , the pulleys/bearings are new but it had a mishap with my truck - knob didn't survive .

You guys are making my week, so much info !!!

Sarge