Sign in to follow this  
kj4kicks

New home for a 520H

Nick

Common or not, rear or front mounted, they all work great and are desirable to have around. :P I never would have thought the grader blade did such a nice job until I had one.

Bored today so I tried looking up production years for the different grader blades and didnt find much information on the Toro MPV. Best I can find is that models of 40" blade production went from around 65 to 84. I thought it had only went to the late 70s. Production of the various 50" blades went from 73 to around 2002. Im not sure if the A frame models were built for the D series and the last few years of production might all have been built for the xi series. I forget most of what I hear so maybe one of the collector experts know the production information. :D

nylyon

Well it may be for sale, but I can't buy it so you should keep it :D

kpinnc

My two cents, but it seems the mid mount blade would "float" better if you wanted it to do so. Could that be the reason for both models being available for much of the same time period? :D

Kevin

glenn27

Thanks for the two diagrams, Tickster. I have one of the 40" mid-mounts that I picked up last year@ a farm auction--only piece of red equipement in sea of GREEN... :D

I'd like to fab up a link to use it under my '69 GT-14...I've got to regrade my front ditch area in the spring where the county ran a new water line in.....

glenn27

Hi Guys, I'm sure most of you saw the 520H in Virginia that was on ebay recently. It has 45 original hours on it. After the auction ended, my buddy and I contacted the seller. Long story short, he bought it. It comes with a mid-mount blade that has never been installed (FOR SALE), and a front plow (unknown size as of right now), and dual rear wheels. We're going to pick it up next Friday.

He currently owns a 416H that he bought new 13 years ago. (I'll post the for sale info on the correct thread).

Now you know where it went, and I have dibs if he ever sells it!

Eldon.

Should have hollered out--I live in Central Va.....but i don't get on here often.

Sounds like you made a heck of a deal...

Curmudgeon

Nope, never tried the rear mount, like I said, I'm prejudiced to what I have. I can see the advantage to a wider blade, but then, I've ran out of pushing power with the narrower one. And you KNOW I'm carrying extra weight!!! Not to mention oversize tires. LOL

I'm sure both work, and both have advantages/disadvantages. Just curious to hear why some people prefer one over the other.

Dale

kj4kicks

It will be interesting to see the serial number for the new 94'. Mine is 4900479

Karl, I was wrong, it's a 1995 model 73421 with a SN of 5900496.

I took the day off to play in the garage, and got some pics outside while the sun was still shining.

I'll post them on Wednesday when I go back to my store.

Merry Christmas to you all !!

Eldon.