mbarb54

A happy Cab-er

mbarb54

Well, I felt I had to share my happiness resulting from my recent snow cab purchase. I'm assuming the folks posting on Red Square can appreciate something like this. Sometimes its the simple things in life. 

I've had my '89 310-8 for about 15 years. I didn't even use the plow blade that came with it until about 9 years ago..When I found out I couldn't push wet heavy snow, I started looking for a snow thrower attachment, which I found within 50 miles of where I live. I've been using the snow thrower for many years but was growing tired of getting the snow "blow-back" all over me. I'd have to stop and shake the snow off of me and would often come in wet after finishing the job.

Since I'm pushing 60, I decided I'd had enough winter weather. Thus began the search for a snow cab. As I'm sure you all know, these can be hard to find. It took me nearly a year, but I finally came across one that would fit my 310-8. I just had to drive 5 hours (each way) to get it as it was fully assembled. It was worth the drive. I got it installed over Thanksgiving and was ready when the snow came. I can't say enough about how nice it is to have any snow 'blow-back" sweep over the cab and finish the job DRY. I don't even have to pile on as many warm clothes.  

So yes, I'm now a happy cab-er 

Michael from Wisconsin

post-3938-0-69551200-1388159765_thumb.jp

post-3938-0-14539000-1388159810.jpg

• Like 4

MalMac

Welcome to the cab club, I have got two of them, the old style and a new style. If you have blowen snow without one then blow with one. You will never want to go without again. I have the safety glass in both of mine and it makes it even more nice. One thing I do when its warmer is I use Mother's Back to Black. It keeps the cab vinyl nice and soft and supple. Works way better than Armor All. One of my cabs has a white roof the other is black. I can tell you the black absorbs sunlight and warms that cab up way more than you would think it would. Have fun and enjoy the no snow in the face and down the back experience.

Edited by MalMac

AMC RULES

:text-coolphotos:   Looks great too.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Edited by AMC RULES

Wishin4a416

Looks nice and cozy in there!! Wish I had one. Looks good on there.

dbartlett1958

JEALOUS!

Looks great.

Edited by dbartlett1958

cheesegrader

That cab is in GREAT shape.

Will you miss looking like Frosty the Snowman after a good snowblowing?

Marv

When I blow snow it seems the wind is always blowing. Of course it is blowing in my direction and I become Frosty. Sure would be nice to have a cab. Congratulations on yours.

Marvin