Sign in to follow this  
Teddy da Bear

Rest in Peace

Teddy da Bear

Mowed the yard today......got about 7/8 of the way done.....and "puff".... a small cloud of blue/black smoke...... Power reduced significantly.... I immediately disengaged the deck and rode it into the garage.

Likely it was a ring.....but I am not going to tempt any further damage.

Likely I will let my mower guy rebuild it this winter.

BairleaFarm

Sorry little buddy see you in the spring.

MaineDad

Raider 10

A Wheel Horse barely alive

Gentlemen, we can rebuild him

We have the technology

We have the capability to build the world's best garden tractor

Teddy Da Bear will be that man

He can make it better than it was before

Better. Stronger. Faster

:banghead:

Teddy da Bear

Ok.....Micah appears to be having a 70's flashback :banghead:

And "Teddy da Bear" ain't the man...... like a bear I will hibernate on this one.

I am mechanically incompetant..... My father never worked in-depth on any mechanical devices.....so I had no teacher.

And mechanics today.....whether "Shade tree" or professional do not seem inclined to teach me anything.

I may have assisted in the design of fuel systems for rockets......but small engines have me stumped.....lol

rondo

Mike, I'm not much of a drinker, but I tipped one to your Raider 10 and it's return in the spring...buck up little fella, we're with ya.

I'm not much of a wrench either, though I'm always playing with something. When in need of major work, I phone my son. Pretty darn good mechanic, and loves a challenge. I would just prefer not to present him with too many, seeing as how that would mean something of mine is broke. :banghead:

Rocket fuel systems, eh?

Awesome.

See ya, pardner.

Buzz

Ok.....Micah appears to be having a 70's flashback :USA:

Just so he doesn't cut the grass in his leisure suit :banana: .......... He has the only Wheel horse with a disco ball instead of headlights :banghead:

Brrly1

Amen to the disco ball, especially on the Bandit!!! Yikes Burly

ol550

:thumbs: Stuff like that just happens :lol: Just don't let anyone try to sell you on one of them diesel jobs. :omg:

Was getting my 1057 ready for a show this weekend, Just sittin there idling away and bang... broken rod :lol::D:banghead::USA: So life goes on. I'll tear into that when the snow blows in a year or two.

big mike

Mike,I have a rebuilt 10 horse Kohler I cannot use.....cheaper than you can buy the parts to rebuild one.

I have a 12 ready to assemble and your more than welcome to see the process.....if I can figure it out ANYONE can do it :banghead:

BPjunk

I immediately disengaged the deck and rode it into the garage.

Likely it was a ring.....but I am not going to tempt any further damage.

Mike,

Is this correct ????? You drove the the Raider 10 into the garage with the engine still running. :omg::banghead:

Maybe it is time for some diagnostic work to find out what is wrong. :USA:

Wild Bill hoping for the best in Richmond, Va.

linen beige

Mike,

Is this correct ????? You drove the the Raider 10 into the garage with the engine still running. :thumbs::banghead:

Maybe it is time for some diagnostic work to find out what is wrong. :omg:

Wild Bill hoping for the best in Richmond, Va.

Kinda has me :USA: and :lol: too.

Me thinks some investigation is in order. Perhaps it aint as bad as it seems. We can only hope.

Docwheelhorse

I will bet my last dollar that YOU POPPED A HEAD GASKET.... $6 and two hours of working----really milking the job and sipping a few 12 ouncers and it will be back to work like nothing happened.

Tony :horseplay:

Kelly

I agree don't sound like it gave up, just has a problem, Would be a good one to learn on, dig in and see if you can find the problem, were all here to help, I'd start with the carb, You said a black cloud of smoke, that would be a fuel problem.

T-Mo

I'm not the best mechanic, nor do I play one on TV. But, when the engine went south in my C-141, I tried to get it back to the shed, it just didn't make it. That turned out to be a busted rod. And when it happen it lost significant power.

Mike, how far from the garage was you when you drove it back? How much power did it have? Like the guys are indicating, maybe it's not as bad as you think. :banghead:

Teddy da Bear

I was about 50 yards from the garage. I lost approximately 50% power after the smoke.

I switched decks with the B-100 and finished mowing.

I started the Raider again to see if it would start. It did.....but not as before.

I could not get rpms good enough for ignition right away. Finally it started. But I did not give it much throttle.... I drove it out to my trailer to store it.

It is raining today....but when it gets nicer I think I will do a compression check on it.

I guess it could also mean I burnt an exhaust valve. Maybe it needed valve work all along.

And if you remember an earlier post on this Raider.....it burned oil. I would say 1/4 of a quart every 4 mowings of 4 1/2 acres.

Repowered with a diesel? :banghead: ok......enough levity....

T-Mo

50 yards - that's a pretty far distance. I don't think my C-141 made it 50 feet before it quit and died.

Good luck whatever the problem is. :banghead:

Raider12

I guess it could also mean I burnt an exhaust valve. Maybe it needed valve work all along.

I would not think it would have been a "Burnt" valve. This is something that takes place of a period of time, not all at once. I have my money on the head gasket as well.

HorseFixer

R.I.P. but I agree with everyone on the HG

Duke