catcher77

42" Snow Blade Question

catcher77

I just picked up a 702 Wheel Horse Tractor with a 42" snow blade mounted on the front and I am unable to locate a Model #.  Can someone help me out with a Model #. Total length from rear axle to front pivot point is about 57". Thanks for your help.

post-10546-0-14730900-1388109709.jpg

TT

It's definitely newer than the tractor & possibly a BD-4267 or 6-2111

(this is presumed to be a 6-2111)

19686-2111.jpg

• Like 1

gwest_ca

Here is the 1962 blade but it may not be what you have

Garry

bowtieguy

Is that piece of angle iron that you see just below the "702" belt guard attached to the tractor or the snow blade?....looks odd!?

After looking at manual # A-7138, I see several 42" blades listed....among them BD-4264, BD-4263 and BD-4262 (as Garry noted above). ...how does your blade frame attach to the rear axle?.."quick hitch" or with (2) shoulder bolts?

Your "index lever" has a rubber grip ...which means TT is correct (seldom wrong) with model 6-2111.

I did not realize that there were so many model #'s for WH snow blades (at least eight  or more 42" models?)

Another interesting note is on page 26 and says model BD-4264-A fits ALL front engine Wheel Horse tractors AND LAWN RANGERS.(except Models 953 & 1054)..I thought the Lawn Ranger had its own design and did NOT attach to the rear axle!

Donnie, the frame that we could not identify looks to be a BD-42-71...(foot lever and round cross bar braces in frame)...now you need to find a 701 tractor to mate with this blade!!!

BTW, how many 702 Wheel Horse tractor do you have in the barn now?

Edited by bowtieguy

catcher77

Thanks fro the replies.

Bowtie: The angle iron is mounted to the tractor, I also never seen that before either. I  have 3 - 702 tractors/

bowtieguy

Garry, I did not download the manual you listed (A-7138) but it appears to contain (3) pages???....the hard copy that I have contains (40) pages....I think it is dated 5-70 and contains "snow attachments"...snow throwers and snow blades and one snow plow (SPR-42)...do I have the same manual?.

BTW, Garry you do a fantastic job with the manual files....I always go to you for all WH info...probably owe you an "at-a-boy".....thanks again!!!

gwest_ca

Garry, I did not download the manual you listed (A-7138) but it appears to contain (3) pages???....the hard copy that I have contains (40) pages....I think it is dated 5-70 and contains "snow attachments"...snow throwers and snow blades and one snow plow (SPR-42)...do I have the same manual?.

BTW, Garry you do a fantastic job with the manual files....I always go to you for all WH info...probably owe you an "at-a-boy".....thanks again!!!

Yes you have the same manual. If you search the manuals for A-7138 you will get 19 different files.  They come up in the order they were submitted but you can change that to Title and then Ascending order to make more sense.

Garry

TT

Donnie, the frame that we could not identify looks to be a BD-42-71...(foot lever and round cross bar braces in frame)...now you need to find a 701 tractor to mate with this blade!!!

Here's my BD-4271:

12308032.jpg

The X braced mounting frame and lack of trip springs are key identifiers. :handgestures-thumbup:

catcher77

Bowtieguy: The frame attaches to the rear axle with a "Quick Hitch".. I am looking for a 701 but they are hard to come by. Frank I located the springs for the HY-2 I picked up from you last week to put on the 702. Did the guy from Topeka call you about the Snow PLow on Saturday.  

Thanks

Donnie

bowtieguy

Wow...did not know the springs for the HY-2 were still available!...good find........yep the guy from KS (hotrod) is taking the snow blade to SOUTH DAKOTA!!!.....bet he will have fun pushing snow all winter!!!