Charlie Smith

Wheel Horse Dump Cart

Charlie Smith

Hello All,

Some of you may think I'm sad for doing such things on Christmas Day but I'm the type of guy that cannot sit in and do nothing, for example when I'm ill I still have to be doing something or it drives me crazy, a few years back I was really ill couldn't be out of bed, so my family brought me a build your own internal combustion engine kit, which I must say was a great kit, anyway, whilst mum and dad are busy cooking the dinner and setting the tables, it's best I keep out there way so I thought I would go outside and see what I can do. it ended up to be putting the decals on my trailer and here's what you lot like. PICTURES!

This is the Cart when I brought it.

post-9595-0-19990200-1387967904_thumb.jp

This is the cart once I worked a little magic

post-9595-0-64904900-1387967919_thumb.jppost-9595-0-01668100-1387967935_thumb.jp

This is the cart after decals

Dump cart caution sticker

post-9595-0-16110300-1387967953_thumb.jp

Horses head

post-9595-0-78994800-1387967965_thumb.jp

Decal on the tail board

post-9595-0-32886300-1387967984_thumb.jp

Decals on the sides

post-9595-0-18305400-1387967996_thumb.jppost-9595-0-29408400-1387968010_thumb.jp

• Like 4

Charlie Smith

And here is a before and after,

.PS mark, I gave you a little advertising I put your restoration decal on the side!post-9595-0-73278100-1387968556_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Tom.

Hi Charlie,

I'm the same as you, even though it's christmas day I want to get on with my WH projects! That's a great looking dump cart and it looks to have polished up well. I bet it looks great behind your wheel horse!

Tom

wheeledhorseman

I won't comment on you guys doing project work today!

That cart will look good behind any horse Charlie. It's always nice to keep the original paint if you can but both my carts need a full resto. I'm desperate to get on with them as I did make a start back in the summer but lots of other things have got in the way! Perhaps after Christmas.

Anyway, thanks for sharing - looks good.

Andy

AMC RULES

I'd love to be out there too, but I'd never hear the end of it...

so, here I sit enjoying the fruits of your  :wh: labors.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

Nice work Charlie.  :thanks:

pmackellow

Nice job Charlie, brightened the cart up no end :)

neil

Looks great Charlie , knowone would ever know that it isnt a wheelhorse trailer , & i would have done the same

Decals look amazing .

Happy New Year

Wheel-N-It

Looks good Charlie. I've been thinking about converting my John Deere #15 trailer to a Wheel Horse clone trailer.

ih674

Your not sad sad at all its just another day, i built up a Perkins cylinder head in the morning, went to the pub for dinner, then fitted a front axle. Only difference is you dont have to put the radio on just leave the barn door open and listen to the band.

James

Stigian

Nice work Charlie, it looks all the better for not being repainted :handgestures-thumbup:

Charlie Smith

Thank you everyone! I'm glad that it's all done now! Hope you all had a good christmas. And have a happy new year!

• Like 1

meadowfield

great job Charlie - thats the same frame/trailer as my agrifab trailer!

Charlie Smith

I've noticed that, it seems to be the same frame and design as a few top makes out there, agrifab,toro,lambert, they all seem to be identical just decals and paints different, toro and lambert are the same colour, a red but agrifab I'm not too sure, I think they are black aren't they? Maybe they are all the same plans, just somone sold the blue prints to different company's,

meadowfield

my agrifab was red - and more orange when I acquired it!

They could all be pressed in the same factory and then shipped to anyone who is interested in badging them...

wheeledhorseman

They could all be pressed in the same factory and then shipped to anyone who is interested in badging them...

In researching my cart I have found the answer. Wheel Horse introduced the 10 cu ft cart to their range in 1976. There were slight changes over the years but they continued making them until 1985. Manufacture then ceased and no carts were available from 1986 range onwards until about 1993. Carts were then bought in from Ohio Steel rather than manufactured by Toro Wheel Horse and were the bolt together tub type. It was Ohio Steel who badged them up for Wheel Horse, Lambert, and presumably Agrifab. I found another example that was sold for £123 on ebay last April badged Husqvarna.

post-4509-0-85151000-1389654705_thumb.jp

Andy

neil

In researching my cart I have found the answer. Wheel Horse introduced the 10 cu ft cart to their range in 1976. There were slight changes over the years but they continued making them until 1985. Manufacture then ceased and no carts were available from 1986 range onwards until about 1993. Carts were then bought in from Ohio Steel rather than manufactured by Toro Wheel Horse and were the bolt together tub type. It was Ohio Steel who badged them up for Wheel Horse, Lambert, and presumably Agrifab. I found another example that was sold for £123 on ebay last April badged Husqvarna.

attachicon.gifhusqvana.jpg

Andy

interesting source of information  Andy , who do you have underground to get that information from ?

did they have any involvemnt with the agrifab trailer as these are very similar too

meadowfield

attachicon.gifhusqvana.jpg

Andy

ahaaa

my Agrifab cart had Husqvarna stickers on... I though they had been added for effect. So that clarifies they are one and the same !!!