GlenPettit

Snow Blade "Down Pressure" Link size?

GlenPettit

Does anyone have the exact size/measurements for this Wheel Horse part "Long Lift Link #7706":

Screenshot2013-12-12at92147AM_zpsf682969

I would like to make one just for myself;  looks like the 1/4" stubs are welded in, but it would seem that hardened bolts could be used in place of the pins.  

May be a 8 to 10" long piece of bar stock about 1/4" x 1" x ____.  

Sure looks like an easy project that I could sure use to get extra pressure that I need sometimes.

Glen

​From Garry:  1/4" x 11/4" Flat Stock, 121/2" OL, pins 111/2" c/c welded.  see his July 9 posting below.  Thanks!  Glen

Edited by GlenPettit

gwest_ca

Garry

Lane Ranger

Here are some pictures of the Wheel Horse  Solid Lift Link , Part No.  7706:

nylyon

I wonder how a hydro would react with that?  I can see how a manual lift would benefit, but the hydro would really press (and keep) it down hard!

js5020

I wonder how a hydro would react with that?  I can see how a manual lift would benefit, but the hydro would really press (and keep) it down hard!

I have used the link with a hydro, (16 Auto) I was concerned about breaking something or bending the link as I dont think it is sturdy enough to support raising the front end,, but the link survived and I didnt break anything, atleast to this point. 

gwest_ca

I have a 100 lb weight on the front of my frame and can still lift the front wheels on a 312-8. Haven't broken anything yet. The slotted hole in the A-frame should work good with a hydro. Down pressure still there if you need it.

Garry

Lane Ranger

I think using this in a big, deep snow if the most dangerous.   You can hit something with your plow that will not flex and do damage.   Using on soil , gravel, etc where you can see all the obstacles is less of a problem.

nylyon

My concern with the Hydro was more towards removing the top inch of asphalt.  So far I haven't had an issue with the 48" blade floating on top, I would think that the down pressure would be quite handy in dirt though.

Shuboxlover

Plus, if you want to go through scraper blade cutting edges like a Kardashian goes through skinny jeans, then install a solid lift link.  I had one installed on my C-160 auto and after only using it a couple times, I could already tell it was being worn away VERY quickly.  Granted, all my blading was being done on asphalt/concrete.  I do install it for certain jobs in the dirt.

• Like 2