WheelHorse79

Help for us RM-425 deck owners?

WheelHorse79

I have started restoring my recently acquired RM-425 deck.  I removed the belt guard and found this!  The original belt routing sticker.  Could VinylGuy make a copy of this for us few poor, frustrated RM-425 deck owners?  :thumbs:  I know we're a limited market, but I would be willing to pay a good price for a reproduction,

Kelly

If needed I think I have a better decal I can get a pic of on one of the RM425 decks I have here

WheelHorse79

That would be great.  VinylGuy has already told me that the remnant of my decal is not good enough to make a reproduction from. He is willing to make a reproduction if we can get him a decent copy.  :)   Thanks! 

oaktown1987

Hey Kelly do u wheel horse parts yars

oaktown1987

Would one of those fit on a 875

WheelHorse79

My understanding is that the RM-425 is the only 42" deck what was made to mount on short frame tractors.  There is an 1965 Wheel Horse advertisement of an 875 with an RM-425 mounted, so it should definitely work.  However, you will need a couple special parts to mount it up.  The primary one is the quick attach that has an offset bar to clear the center pulley on the mower deck.  If you don't have one, you might be able to fabricate one.  I can take a picture of mine and post it for reference if you would like.

My mower deck came with the double PTO idler pulley, but I believe the single idler pulley will work.  I've read about some belt slippage with the single idler pulley setup.  However, your mileage may vary as they say...

Edited by WheelHorse79

TT

It hasn't been tested yet, but I put one under an 854 to check clearances, etc.

854IV008.jpg

854IV013.jpg

I'll have to give it a try next summer. :thumbs2:

• Like 1

oaktown1987

That's awesome

WheelHorse79

That deck sure looks big on an 854! My RM-425 deck is going on a 1045 that I am buying. However, since I also have an 854, I could also mount it on that tractor too (it currently has an RM-324 mounted on it)

oaktown1987

If there as rare if not more than the 36" deck I'll never find one