Sign in to follow this  
traktorkidd7/30/93

Toro Wheelhorse 310-8

traktorkidd7/30/93

How much is a Toro Wheelhorse 310-8 w/ 37 side discharge deck in excellent/ great condition worth?

The only bad on the tractor is that the paint is pealing underneath the seat in about a 6 inch area. And when you put it in reverse it makes a little noise but maybe if I change the fluid will it be better? :banghead:

And would it be a good tractor for plowing snow ? :USA:

kj4kicks

It's worth what you are willing to pay for it, and what it's worth to you.

There are too many variables.

kpinnc

I paid $50 for mine....

Kevin

T-Mo

Chris,

Keep in mind that we do have a policy about asking questions on what a tractor is worth. See Link.

It's not a no no, but please read that link. And then post the question if you still feel you need to. Bottom line, Eldon was right, it's what it's worth to you. If you think it's a good deal, then it is to you. A 310-8 may be worth more to you than it is to me. Please if you feel you need guidance here, follow the stipulations that Karl has outlined in the above link on model number, pictures, a detailed description, etc.

Docwheelhorse

Hi Chris, I would think $350 would be a fair price. It will plow snow just fine--I plow LOTS of snow with one of many 8 hp Wheel Horses. If the rearend is making noise in reverse I'm not sure a fluid change would do anything---if the noise is "bad" you maybe loosing a needle bearing.

Tony

traktorkidd7/30/93

By the way this is it 310-8

The one that wheelhorse101 has

traktorkidd7/30/93

And if it is throwing a needle bearing does that mean that the transmission is shot

Rollerman

Chris no one can answer the question what it's worth to you alone...it also depends how low the seller is willing to sell?

It looks like a nice tractor in the pics & well cared for.....blemishes like peeling paint or a noise are just part of the everyday use of a Horse.

If you were to get it...I wouldn't worry about the rear end noise beyond changing out the oil like you mentioned...that may be a bandaid...to me the transmissions on these Horses are easily enough repaired & if you can't replacements are out there.

In other words if it's just a noise & stays the same I probably live with it.

I picked up a 310-8 for my father a few years back....he mows & plows with it & does a great job at both.

He loves it & goes on about how thrifty on gas & gutsy it is compared to his twin cylinder craftsman thats only a few years old.