ARK

Took delivery of Toro Wheel Horse Snowplow, weights, chains and mounting hardware

ARK

Now from what I see it looks like this 1994 plow should fit my 1989 312-8, it came off of a 314-8 (1993-94)  I did notice that the link to the lift needs to be drilled out.  The rear mount to the cast transaxle rear end is complete with fasteners and the frame holder and clips.  Does the frame suspend from the lift mechanism up front with no other support?  The blade is a 4' blade with swivel right and left that locks in and unlocks with the squeeze of a handle that has a rod, tilted metal directing the cable to release and lock the blade in 5 positions.

Are there and hints to the install, can you advise on tire chain install and wheel weights.

I am a novice to wheel Horse but not to things that go bump in the day…any hints to save frustration is greatly appreciated.

I am working alone in the cold.  Thank you all

Sparky

The plow frame attaches to the rear axle bracket and the lift mechanism. At the lift arm you can use either a short length of chain or a solid steel bar to give some down pressure. I personally find that my plow is heavy enough and dont need the down pressure for snow duty. Tire chains are best installed on semi-flat tires, cinch them up tight and re-inflate. Wheel weights are pretty much self explanatory. The weights have 4 or 2 mounting holes that line up with the 4 holes in the rear rim. Some guys use 1/2" all-thread but I have my rear weights held on with only 2 pieces of 3/8" all thread and they are just fine.

Mike............

gwest_ca

There is a procedure that makes installation easy

Remove the 1/2" connecting rod from the index lever and lay the lever down beside the A-frame. Push the tractor over the A-frame and as the index handle passes the front axle lift it back up as you push the tractor forward. When the handle is vertical again reinstall the connecting rod. Use a cotter pin in that location. A quick pin can get knocked out and you will not notice it gone. Back up and that link will bury itself in the ground and bend it. Guess how I know this.

Garry

ARK

Mike, Garry thank you for your input, depending on weather, I will do the installation of weights, chains and plow and get back to the forum.  Garry where are you located in Canada?

gwest_ca

Mike, Garry thank you for your input, depending on weather, I will do the installation of weights, chains and plow and get back to the forum.  Garry where are you located in Canada?

I'm about 2 hours north of you.

Garry

ARK

It's Monday Dec 2 and the weather is cool at 2C, thus installation of my new to me plow, wheel weights went well.  I did not install the tire chains.  Everything the seller provided was used.  With explanations from this forum and the seller the job is done.  Greasing and lubrication is all that is needed before the first use.