Sign in to follow this  
Drydock

Super Lawn Ranger

Drydock

My 66 L-156 has a dead H60. Pulled that off, got it setting on the bench for evaluation. In the meantime, picked up a brand new Tec LH318XA 8 horse flathead (formerly the HM-80) Ginned up a flat mounting plate to replace the elevated plate the H60 sat on. Everything else lined up, even fits under the hood. Except you need to cut a clearance for the air cleaner. Luckly I had a scrap hood to cut on. Looks good imho, really fills up the space under the hood. And does it WORK!

Motor came with a 3 amp DC/5 amp AC alternator, keeps the battery charged, starter works great. Need to find a light kit to hook up to the AC.

One thing: the tank that came with the engine lines right up with the fuel filler grommet in the hood. But the tank sets lower than the old one. Is it possible to find an extension for the filler, to get the cap above the hood? If not I can probably adapt the old tank. New tank has more capacity though.

Sorry no pictures. Need to get a proper camera someday.

BPjunk

The Lawn Ranger with the Tecumseh H-60 did have a exstention on the filler neck of the gas tank.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Drydock

Yep, got that. I'm looking for a possible screw on extension for the new tank on the new HM-80 Tecumseh I've installed. (Polyvinyl tank) If I can't find something that works I'll have to adapt the old tank. Any ideas?