JC 1965

After Market Carb.

JC 1965

Has anyone purchased one of the after marked carbs on ebay ? It says they are made to kohler specs and will accept kohler parts when they need to be rebuilt. They are available for K241 thru K341 kohler engines. I think the price sounds ok.   :dunno:  Just wondered if anyone had tried them and if so what is the verdict.  :hide:

Fordiesel69

The factory carter carbs are worth rebuilding.  If lost, spend the time getting a used replacement. 

JimD

Ford makes a good point about the original carbs. You could find one on ebay or maybe right here in the vendor's section. If that fails you might have to be the guinea pig and try one of the after market ones you mentioned. Look at it this way, someone has to be first and the information about them could help others here. If I was in need of a carb and couldn't find one or the parts to fix it I'd have to give it a go. Rebuild kits are also still available I think. Good luck, hope you find what you need.  :) 

pacer

OK. I was a guinea pig and bought one - $52 IIRC - but...

What happened - I recently bought a bedraggled C-100 roller, on tear down of the K-241 I found this gosh-awful tar like stuff all thru the fuel system. The carb was loaded with it and the main jet was completely blocked and as is only too often common the jet would NOT come out. Knowing the tar gunk had the jet totally blocked and I had no way to clean it (lacquer thinner was the only thing that would affect it) I elected to try one of the cheapo carbs ... heres the but part, I havent got the engine back in the frame yet and so havent run it. As far as appearance the carb is quite lovely, looking like I would expect a Kohler to look. Not a lot of help I guess but thats the story of trying one of the ebay carbs.

• Like 1