Sign in to follow this  
calibear2003

Kohler Command 14 Muffler

calibear2003

Hello,

I recently acquired a 1999 314-8 with the Kohler Command Pro 14 engine. The machine currently the original muffler, but it is in very poor condition. I have tried, but have been unsuccessful in a search for a suitable replacement. Can anyone help this newbie greenhorn out????

Thanks....

squonk

Read here what I did

calibear2003

Thank you, but I have the newer Command Pro series engine and not the Magnum series.....

gwest_ca

See if this takes you to the parts page

http://www.partstree.com/parts/?lc=toro_consumer&mn=73449%2C+314-8+Garden+Tractor%2C+1999+%28SN+9900001-9999999%29&dn=3322-109-_1090016-00012

If not the part number is

Diagram: 73449%2C+314-8+Garden+Tractor%2C+1999+%28SN+9900001-9999999%29 ENGINE ASSEMBLYTLBToro Consumer 95-7662
MUFFLER Your price: $269.99

Best to shop around.

Garry

boovuc

Hi calibear,

Your muffler needs to be ordered through Kohler. I went to Partstree and the exhaust along with most of the other engine parts for the Command Series engines directs the user to go to Kohler for parts.

You would need to get the model number and spec numbers off your engine then go to Kohler's site and see if they may have a muffler for you.

Then again.if your a Mod on this site, they obviously know how to drill into Partstree better than I did!  :) 

Edited by boovuc

calibear2003

Yikes, I was hoping for some way around purchasing a new oem muffler. The tractor is not worthy enough candidate. Does anyone have any knowledge and or experience with simply adding some sort of an elbow and pancake muffler to keep me going through the winter??

Thank you everyone.....