ARK

Snow blower 06-42ST04, verification that it will fit a 1989 312-8

ARK

This question is similar to another on the implements forum, if anyone know the answer I would greatly appreciate being informed prior to driving and then not being able to use this snowblower.

Question,

Model  #  06-42ST04,  is a model # that a seller has of a snow blower.  I am trying to find out if it will fit my 1989 312-8.  Are there any hardware items that are needed to make it fit and does the belt drive use the mule.  The seller is 7 hours away return so being sure that it will fit my WH is critical.

Thank you for you help!

Sparky

It'll fit. Right here in the Redsquare manuals section is the manual for it. 

If its complete you should get the snowblower, a lift flag, a lift rod and hopefully a belt. It does not use the mowing deck mule drive.

Mike................

ARK

Mike, thank you very much for helping with this snowblower situation.

To add to the problem, the seller is about 3-31/2 hours away.  He has sent more pictures and the blower looks a bit rough, but in trying to see if the  lift flag and the and rod are in the mix is hard to determine.  The seller claims he has never used the blower for his John Deere, so I think it just sat around getting old and rusted, a shame.

If I buy the blower is it possible to buy the lift flag/rod and if so at what price.  I think rebuilding the blower would require verifying the many rotating areas including bearings.  What would the weight be of this 36" snowblower because I have a small Rav4 to haul it.

Any and all answers are greatly appreciated, driving about 7 hours makes these problems a real issue, thank you

Sparky

The lift flag and lift tube are seperate from the blower, very easy to lose. I would have the seller verify that he has all these items before making the trip. You say you have pictures? Post them in this thread so we can give you our opinions on the blower since you say its "rusted up".

I wouldn't think its to heavy for a Rav4 to carry but the crank handle for the chute rotation sticks up making it tall and if it has the side wings on the blower housing its gets wide. Might want to bring a tool set so you could break it down some to fit better.....if you make the trip.

I haven't bought a lift tube or flag so I'm not up on the prices, might want to check e-bay.

Mike............

ARK

Mike

I have 3 pictures that the seller sent me and I find it difficult to find the lifting flag and rod.  I have re- e mailed the seller asking permission to send these pictures to you and the site.  

If he responds in the positive, could you describe the steps in loading these pictures.  They are on a MacBookPlus.

I am also looking at a 48" plow that was mounted on a 520 H, will this plow fit my 312-8 and like the snowblower are there any parts needed to fit the tractor?  This blow is at least a 9 hour return drive, thus a lot of time is needed just to see it and confirm.  I would have to remove the blade from the frame, what tools are needed?  What length is the frame when isolated from the blade?

Thank you for all your help

ARK

Mike

I got the seller's permission to post the pictures but I am having difficulty  posting then.  A copy/paste within the response window is "not allowed in the community".  Would you post a how to as far as posting pictures, thank you.

gwest_ca

Here is the illustrated parts list

Garry

ARK

Garry thank you for the blow up, with it I and the seller can investigate that all parts are with his blower, time will tell, agin thank you.