leeave96

520H Front Hub and Bolt-on Rims/Wheel Upgrade Questions

leeave96

Anyone upgraded their 1 inch spindle/swept forward axle equipped 520H with hubs that take bolt-on rims?

If so, can you share what you did and if the tire size changed, i.e. bigger/smaller, where you got your parts, i.e. Tractor Supply and what this upgrade cost.

Thanks!

Bill

shallowwatersailor

I am planning on doing this with my 520-H. On a recent order to Partstree I purchased the seals for the 1" spindles. The rest I have only priced. It breaks down like this rounded to the nearest dollar:

1" Seals (Partstree)                  $30.00

4 on 4 Hubs (Northern Tool)     $60.00

V-61 5-Rib Tires (Miller Tire)    $98.00

8x5-5/8 Rims (Miller Tire)         $36.00

Shipping, mounting, and miscellaneous pieces would be extra.

John

Don1977

You need to do some measuring to see if it will work. I don't have a 520 so not much help there. 1" hubs are 4" long about a 1/4" is used for the grease seal that fits over a 1 1/4" diameter at the back of the hub. The 1" hubs are four bolt on a 4" bolt circle.  Don't know the width of the hubs in the standard 520 wheels you need the check this. Tractor Supply is a little high on there hubs most of the 1" hubs run from $30 to $35 each. You need 8" wheel that are 5 3/8" wide, saw some on the net with Kenda 6ply tires that were $56 each. If it will work on your spindles you will have $200 or more in the conversion.

I had bad tires, one wheel that would not keep the bearing tight and destroyed one spindle. I made a similar change in 1989. I had to modify my spindles also.

Dieselcowboy

What would be the benifit to doing a swap like this?  The front wheels on 520's already have roller bearings.

leeave96

Thanks everyone for your input!!!!!!!!!!

What would be the benifit to doing a swap like this?  The front wheels on 520's already have roller bearings.

The parts 520H I bought - it turned out that it runs and I drove it off my trailer so it's no longer a parts tractor.... :)  However, to get it to roll, I had to temporarily replace a badly damaged front wheel/rim with one from one of my other 520H tractors, so I need a new rim.  Problem is - they are no longer available.  I posted a "wanted" to the classifieds, but haven't got a hit - so I figure the next route might be a bolt on hub/wheel-rim combo.

Thanks!

Bill

zieg72

I posted a "wanted" to the classifieds, but haven't got a hit -

Thanks!

Bill

Couldn't find the ad so I PM'd you