Sign in to follow this  
BPjunk

When ya' have rustled a Wheel Horse .......

BPjunk

Across state lines always remember to wait a few days before posting pictures on the internet! :banghead::USA:

Uh Any how here is a Wheel Horse 1962 model 552 that got rustled .... er I mean followed me home from the Portland, Indiana show last week. It is a mid year production being it has a bent shifter (for the HY-2 pump clearence) but not the steering stop on the right spindle arm. The engine is a correct replacment for the 552 but I do have a original H55C-3089 sitting in the mini barn. The tires are all the factory original Generals and have the original inner tubes with them. The back rest although is original is in rough shape but repairable. I am not sure why the main jet screw was backed out as far as it was but after a quick adjustment with a screw driver the engine will now start on just one pull (you Briggs and Kohler fans reading this here? TECUMSEH one pull start). :omg:

This 552 will be used as a worker until it gets restored.

Wild Bill in Richmond, Va.

Attached Image

post-3-1220064884.jpg

BPjunk

Here's a front veiw of the 552.

Attached Image

post-3-1220065008.jpg

BPjunk

And a picture of the engine.

(Jason pay close attention to the air cleaner assembly, this is what your looking for) :banghead:

Attached Image

post-3-1220065170.jpg

BPjunk

Not bad for only $175.00 ...... always remember a good Wheel Horse hunter/rustler is quick and never sleeps! :banghead:

Attached Image

post-3-1220065377.jpg

bell

That is VERY nice! Congrats! :banghead:

combatmp29r

Hey Bill what heavy wheel horse piece you want me to bring next year for us to carry across the entire grounds? :banghead:

BPjunk

Hey Bill what heavy wheel horse piece you want me to bring next year for us to carry across the entire grounds? :thumbs:

Joel .... buddy,

The only thing we is gonna carry across the fairgrounds next year is a couple of COLD DRINKS!!!!! :banghead:

Dang all that hard workin' an long walkin'. :USA:

Hey but it was nice to meet ya' and good to see Ken again too. Uh Oh ... guess WHO CALLED TONIGHT to let me know when he is going to pick up his snow blade and it's been in the back yard a week now! :omg:

combatmp29r

It was good to meet you too BP.

Glad to here that the blade will finally make it home. Gotta give Glenn credit though by the time he gets them to VA we forget where he rustled them from :banghead:

rustbucket

hey bill i got one o dem on order threw this grand thingy called the net. got it whole assembly front back and filter for 35 bucks new old stock.

pond195520032003

Nice horse Bill :USA: wish i could have made it this time, but i guess i have to let someone get their new toy sometimes :banghead:

Rollerman

Bill looks like a nice tractor & with the back rest it's a helpfull pick....I have a few of the brackets...but none of mine came with the upper pad thingy?

Looks like I'll send Taylor to school with some wrenches & borrow a few off of the cafeteria chairs... :banghead:

As far as starting on one pull..... <_< ...I want a video? :USA:

Bill really sorry I didn't get down to see Sharron & you at Port this year...glad to see you saved abother Horse though. :omg:

Next year......

perry

nice looking tractor. :banghead:

old tecumseh''s are a good engine....when they run :thumbs::USA:

both my tecumseh's start right up and run great :lol: . i just dont care for their carburetor's.

and the ignition is allways a pleasure to work on :omg:

kpinnc

Very nice 552 there Bill!

Congrats on another nice one!

Kevin

bustedglass

Nice find Wild Bill :banghead: .

sshell

Nice, real nice! I wanted to go to portland, not far from me. Couldnt get off work though. Will hopefully get there next year and meet some of ya! :banghead:

TT

(you Briggs and Kohler fans reading this here? TECUMSEH one pull start). :USA:

Nice score, Bill.....

but why not put a battery in it and make it a "one PUSH" start? :banghead: :omg:

Nick

Bill, just so you do that poaching over in the hoosier state and not in oHIo. Did ya see the load on the truck in the parking? Good thing I was to far from home without a trailer might have tried talking him down on it. $500 for all and the LR on this side has a Kohler. :banghead:

Steve, Dont forget that Portland has a fall swap meet in October. :USA:

rock001.jpg

jusjeepn

Sssssoooooo, Thats who bought that! My lower offer was just not good enough (Ddooolltt)! :banghead: I should have just give the extra $50. Nice one Wild Bill!!!

combatmp29r

Bill, just so you do that poaching over in the hoosier state and not in oHIo. Did ya see the load on the truck in the parking? Good thing I was to far from home without a trailer might have tried talking him down on it. $500 for all and the LR on this side has a Kohler. :banghead:

:USA: How did we miss that? What day did you go Nick?

Nick

I went on Saturday Joel. That truck was on the main drive just 4 or so rows from the gate. :banghead:

combatmp29r

Yep we were there Sat too. Hmmmmm. Definately didn't see it. We got in there around 730-800 and parked up in front of the grandstand as one of the guyd with us was handicapped. Left a little after 6P maybe we missed the owner who knows. Not sure where we would have fit them anyhow :banghead:

rustbucket

bill the ait cleaner assembly includeing element inside is Kohler part #

part # A-230837-S we got this number by cross referanceing a Kohler K-161 off my dad's 702 cause i "barrowed" his cleaner assembly then ordered one for the H60