Lars

Got me another Toro/Horse

wheelhorsepolarisguy

i have a 520lxi, think I'm the only one up here in MN that does lol, i have all the attachments and she does it all! its a great tractor, does anyone know if there are any for sale, or any xi series, would like to keep my loader on it, 

• Like 1

RMCIII

Lar:

I'm surprised you got the new addition home.... You are correct on the weight, of just the tractor, without attachments. There was well over 1/2 a ton on that little trailer you loaded it on. May want to give it a good once over if the distance was, a small trip, that you had to travel from. Great score though. They are a beast and very simple to work on. But as you found out, very expensive, when replacing parts. If you plan on keeping it, may as well, start a stock pile for belts, bearings, panels, shafts, ect..... Generally you can find some items on eBay. I think you will find, as all 5xi owners do, a very well equipped, fun to drive and nimble GT that only begs to be used... :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:  

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 1

Lars

Lar:

I'm surprised you got the new addition home.... You are correct on the weight, of just the tractor, without attachments. There was over well over 1/2 a ton on that little trailer you loaded it on. May want to give it a good once over if the distance was, a small trip, that you had to travel from. Great score though. They are a beast and very simple to work on. But as you found out, very expensive, when replacing parts. If you plan on keeping it, may as well, start a stock pile for belts, bearings, panels, shafts, ect..... Generally you can find some items on eBay. I think you will find, as all 5xi owners do, a very well equipped, fun to drive and nimble GT that only begs to be used... :handgestures-thumbupright:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

Hehe yepp you Right about the trailer..it's on the limit for what i can load on it.. i can have 620 kg or 1367 Lbs lol... ehh it was a 2 hrs trip to get it so it was not so far..

yes im trying to find parts for it. Atm i have found all the parts ill need for it now.. Bumper,grill and tail lamp's.... but it is a really nice machine to drive i like it more and more!!!!

Edited by Knusern

Forest Road

Congratulations! And welcome to the Xi group! I have a 522xi with power steering and a loader. With 1100 hours on the meter it's earned it's keep. When I bought it last year I found all of the linkage was loose. Yes ALL steering and foot control linkage was so loose that I only had 1/2 speed and a hard time steering.

Give it a thorough going over and use lite of locktite, thread lock. Other than that issue in generally impressed by its capabilities. Good luck and enjoy!

• Like 1

Camdg2010

hey guys, i was given one of these for free..... it was in an old garage under a tarp and the land lord GAVE it to me! i saw the front end loader on one and instantly loved it! i just have a few questions about it... how much fuel do they suck up? how well do they drive run and handle? anyone ever put a cab on one??? i want to get or build a tow behind for it so i can do our apple orchard and a big section of yard/ field...... i figured it would save on wear and tare and fuel on the tractor.... i really want the loader part for winter (im in vermont and it allways snows in winter) so instead of like this past year i can pick up the snow and move it rather than just push it into a pile and make the drive way smaller..... ive got to say im in love with this thing already and i dont even have it at the house.... just have mowing deck pulley covers and misolanious parts (spare belts.... spark plugs)... i would like more info on these beast if at all possible... thanks Cam!

leeave96

hey guys, i was given one of these for free..... it was in an old garage under a tarp and the land lord GAVE it to me! i saw the front end loader on one and instantly loved it! i just have a few questions about it... how much fuel do they suck up? how well do they drive run and handle? anyone ever put a cab on one??? i want to get or build a tow behind for it so i can do our apple orchard and a big section of yard/ field...... i figured it would save on wear and tare and fuel on the tractor.... i really want the loader part for winter (im in vermont and it allways snows in winter) so instead of like this past year i can pick up the snow and move it rather than just push it into a pile and make the drive way smaller..... ive got to say im in love with this thing already and i dont even have it at the house.... just have mowing deck pulley covers and misolanious parts (spare belts.... spark plugs)... i would like more info on these beast if at all possible... thanks Cam!

Nice find!

You probably could find a loader, but expensive.  Heck you saved enough $$$'s on your tractor purchase that you could afford to spend a little extra on a loader... ;)

If you really don't want to push snow into piles, I recommend a snow blower.  You can really put snow way past the pile!

post-6085-0-04908900-1398546328_thumb.pn

Camdg2010

well its got a 5 foot wide blower..... friggen thing is HUGE! but i can imagine the gas its going to suck up and here in VT we get ALOT of snow all at once (like at 2 in the morning) so i dont think the neighbors would appreciate all the racket at night but if i have to i have to... just on the look out

doc724

They are a little on the thirsty side.  I cut 3/4 acre in the summer with my 520xi and I have to refill (its only a 4 gallon tank)  every third or fourth time.  This winter we did not get much snow in SE MAss.  I only took it out 3 times and I still did not use a full tank of gas!

Camdg2010

i guess thats a 2 cylinder for ya huh? lol i guess thats not toooo bad... ive got a 55 gal drum with a hose and nosel on the end that i fill with gas... i used our 4x4 atv and i had a b***h of a time this winter getting stuck and bending the plow.... i still want it cuz they are such a bad a** tractor!! i use a craftsman lt4000 and have to refil that hog every other time i mow and i mow my yard, the neighbors and the landlord mows his yard... and thats 1 cylinder.... thats why i wanna make a tow behind for the orchard and big portion of yard (thats to rough for the craftsman)... 

did you mean every 3rd and 4th time going out to mow or every 3rd and 4th pass????

RMCIII

well its got a 5 foot wide blower..... friggen thing is HUGE! but i can imagine the gas its going to suck up and here in VT we get ALOT of snow all at once (like at 2 in the morning) so i dont think the neighbors would appreciate all the racket at night but if i have to i have to... just on the look out

I think you may want to check your width on the blower again... It only came it (2) sizes, 42" single stage and a 44" 2-stage.... Nothing else.

Camdg2010

yeah sry its the 44".... i was thinking of the decks and other parts