glgrumpy

Blade lever Done!

glgrumpy

Well, got the D series blade lever done!  I used channel iron at bottom for connection with bolts, not the slip-over with pin that is in instructions, and made my own pull trigger, just like a real Horse one.  I DO good work......"pat on back"!   

NOW!  Where and How for a rubber grip on that end?  Well says my pix too big, not sure why NOW and do all the time, but just one for now @#$*&!

post-7776-0-73806200-1383512038_thumb.jp

Edited by glgrumpy
  • Like 3

timo4352

Blade angle-r lever? I hope you get the picture thing sorted - I'm interested in seeing more. The plow I just put together for mine does not have 'angle from the seat' capabilities - I'd like to change that... You handle looks damn good to me. :handgestures-thumbupleft:

Rubber grip? How about a piece of rubber hose slipped over - or Plasti-dip?

Edited by timo4352

glgrumpy

Pix won't fit. Did on G-talk with same system, not sure why not here. They have automatic sizing or something I think. Also they show smaller prints in the message to click on and make bigger.  Moderators>>>>>are you listening??

All the Horse blades have anout same system, you don't have horse blade?  On most the lever  is bolted on and the big rod comes from frame and direct to the lever. There is wires that go from there down to pivot link and up to the big position pin in center of the blade mount pivot.   Look at any manual on blades here and you will see.  This D series gets more complicated in the linkages and such, but basically is the same. 

Plasta dip was in my mind, but haven't had good luck with that stuff being durable in past. maybe it was too old. Didn't stay flexible and broke off in chunks!  Would need to be pretty big hose and might be too thick if I find one to fit over handle??  We'll have to try some stuff.

timo4352

No my blade is a homebrew concoction. A Deere blade and a homemade frame. Angling is in my plan for it though. :eusa-think:

stevasaurus

That handle looks great.  Just thinking what you might put on the handle part...how about some nylon or cotton twine / rope...maybe 1/4" and tie a series of half hitches and whip the end to get the tag end pulled down into the wrappings.  I was in the Navy. :)   Another option would be to make a wood handle...drilled out and sanded down on the outside to fit...could even drill and tap to hold it in place...walnut or oak stained would be a very nice touch. :eusa-think:

shorts

wrap the handle with 1/4'' nylon rope and then coat it with liquid electrical tape or slide a couple of layers of shrink fit battery cable insulation over it and your good to go.

47JDG

Looks good. What model is that Minneapolis Moline behind your WH D?

boovuc

Plastic dip or the heat-shrink insulators I used to install a submersible well pump many moons ago!

• Like 1

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  That is one stout brackit you built!  Nice job.  :woohoo: 

KC9KAS

A 1" diameter plastic grip will fit it.

glgrumpy, PM me if you can't find one locally, as I have one.

I sent you a PM.

20131105_174110_zps862aa8da.jpg

Edited by KC9KAS
  • Like 2

glgrumpy

47JDG, that is my JT Twin City MM with a Z engine. Has the kit from MM to do that. Gave electric start that way and more power than the stock engine, an oil burner with hand start only.  Waukesha made it.  For Sale if any interest?  Think it is a '37. I also have a 53 ZB to be working on. Runs and operates, just needs clean up and paint mostly. Have some done on that.

47JDG

Very cool! I thought it was a JT or JTS from what I could see of it. There was a JTS at a local tractor show and pull this past summer that did quite well in its weight class. It was the JTS and a Fordson that went to the finals in that division. They beat out everyone else that day. I have always liked the MM tractors and would like to find a larger later model to fix up and use on the farm some day. Thanks for the reply.