timo4352

What did you do for your Wheel Horse today?

CasualObserver

not a wheel horse. not even that old. had 10 wheels and 3 decks. forgot the make, doesn't matter as we don't like them anyway. here is what got my attention and a photo of trumps house. no one lives there. just used for parties.

post-7287-0-27564800-1383689904.jpg

Ummm... That appears to be a Steiner.... which is an awesome estate tractor.  Quite expensive too.  I'd totally try to buy that if it looks like it's abandoned!

pinecone

bingo. you know your stuff. i knew it started with a st but forgot the rest. not sure why its there exposed as there are many barns around. that thing sure had alot of wheels. they have a large number of mowers (big green machines) as there are about 50 acres of lawn and 115 acres of woods. you hunters would die for a day there. i see 10+/- point racks all over through my equipment.

RMCIII

Did all my winter prep work finalization last weekend. So it is setting in a nice warm, dry garage, waiting for the white stuff to start falling. As we farmers would say, way before Larry The Cable Guy made it a hit. Let's Get er Done.....

oldblue1993

Well mounted my snow blower , attempted making a lift bar using 1/2 inch angle "well that bent like a twig" try again tomorrow with something stronger.

AMC RULES

Man, I gotta get the doors back on my snow cab.    :scared-eek: 

roscoemi

I bought some tri ribs for P'Chops ranger for his birthday, but needed to do some fixes before mounting them. Some time in it's life it was run a long time without grease in the front wheels, roaching the steel bushings. Ordered some brass ones from McMaster Carr, and went about putting them in last night. I chucked the wrong drill bit in the press and ended up drilling a 15/16" hole instead of a 7/8" hole. :banghead:  Today I picked up a 3/4 x 1 bushing and started over, but the 1" bit wanted to drill 1 1/8". :banghead:  :banghead:  Put that wheel half off to the side and did the other three in no time. Not wanting to spend $50 on a drill bit to do one hole, I experimented. I took a adjustable wood bit I got from the wife's grandfather, cut the shank down and reground the cutting edge and made a boring bar out of it. And it actually worked! :greetings-clappingyellow:

post-6649-0-93410900-1383793058_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-63745300-1383793088.jpg

After cleaning and painting, low temp baking.

post-6649-0-07348800-1383793150.jpg

• Like 1

RMCIII

bingo. you know your stuff. i knew it started with a st but forgot the rest. not sure why its there exposed as there are many barns around. that thing sure had alot of wheels. they have a large number of mowers (big green machines) as there are about 50 acres of lawn and 115 acres of woods. you hunters would die for a day there. i see 10+/- point racks all over through my equipment.

Ok, like Jason said.... If you can, try and find out, if someone is willing to sell it... Even if you are not interested, there are plenty of members close to that area that may be... That truly is a great articulated mini-tractor. So many things you can attach to the front or pull from the rear.... The only other Green mower since you didn't say Deere, would leave a Ransome. Another quality mower used on estates or golf courses. 50 acres is a lot to mow.

Wishin4a416

Just a small job today. Spread ton and a half of 2B.

post-8484-0-85353000-1384021866.jpg

timo4352

I gave my 310-8 a little more love today.  :wub: 

After  a good workout mulching leaves I changed the transmission oil. The old stuff looked a bit like liquid caramel coming out, so I think maybe it had some water in it. I'm glad I got it changed now. :happy-partydance: 

Not too happy a gallon of gear lube costs almost 40 bucks nowadays. :ranting: 

Edited by timo4352

swarfeater

Left the WH in the shop for a rest and fired up the 4wd Ford to dig out a 500sq.ft. by 6 foot deep pond.