RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

AMC RULES

Gee wiz Lars...     :auto-layrubber: cool video bro...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

sounds like you were burning rubber leaving the garage. 

• Like 2

TravelinJavelin

yeah I agree amc on the burning rubber sounds good too funny

leeave96

Here's a short vid of snowplowing

http://youtu.be/l3oZoOUBDxY

Powerful plowing!!!!

Are you plowing in 3rd gear high range?!?!?!

• Like 1

RJMcEachern

I'll be using this if needed...

image_zpsb0d12fbc.jpeg

If it's not needed I'll be using this...

2014-01-05130550_zps8d04b1db.jpg

RJMcEachern

• Like 2

RMCIII

Lars - NICE VIDEO!!!!!!!!

RJ.....Great options.... Me, I take the blower!

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Here she isbepegure.jpg

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Mike

Do you have a linear actuator on the blade?  Can you share picture with us?

Dave

Fun Engineer

Here's my team. 

IMGP5223.jpg

• Like 3

RMCIII

Gee whiz-  FUN!!!! Your screen name says it all!!!! Nice set-up.. Got any videos of the UTV plowing?

Fun Engineer

Gee whiz-  FUN!!!! Your screen name says it all!!!! Nice set-up.. Got any videos of the UTV plowing?

We're getting a little dusting today. I'll have Mrs. Funengineer :royalty-queen:  take a video later today or tomorrow. Depends on how much snow we get.

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=804759479550962

RMCIII

Here's a short video of the Ranger and MotoAlliance Plow. 

Video won't upload. Will try later.

Edited by Fun Engineer

RMCIII

Been absent a few days.. I know the snow keeps falling, keep the photos, and videos coming...

Fun. If you have a FB account, you can share that link.....

bmsgaffer

I finally can add to this thread!

While working on my restore of a C-165 auto (or 8 speed if the auto isn't salvageable) I am using a good running C125 8 speed for plow duties. Just had a few inches in the last few days first time i got to use the wheel horse at my house. (Used it for years at my parents)

I sure wish they had locking diffs, but I could really use a more aggressive tread and to install rear wheel weights (plastic rear, cast iron front) and I am hoping that will solve it. It sure as heck beats shoveling by hand.

post-6955-0-48306500-1390169145_thumb.jp

Yes, I am rocking the rat-rod look at the moment until I can get primer on a replacement hood hinge.

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

Been absent a few days.. I know the snow keeps falling, keep the photos, and videos coming...

Here you go

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=804759479550962.

RMCIII what type of heater did you put in your cab? Was it just for defogging the windshield?

• Like 1

Usmc1968

Not as fancy as some of ya'll's but it will get the job done :smile:

Semper Fi

post-11807-0-79760200-1390234437_thumb.j

post-11807-0-41259200-1390234438.jpg

Edited by Usmc1968
  • Like 3

leeave96

Semper Fi

Looks pretty fancy to me!  Nice tractor!!!!!!!

• Like 1

bmsgaffer

Semper Fi

Um, if you wanna talk fancy, check out my ride just a few posts above yours. :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Usmc1968

Semper Fi

Um, if you wanna talk fancy, check out my ride just a few posts above yours. :laughing-rofl:

Now that is what I am talking about :eusa-think::)

RMCIII

Here you go

RMCIII what type of heater did you put in your cab? Was it just for defogging the windshield?

I have not located the correct sized one yet. I've seen some on ebay that would work perfect, but they are asking way to much $$$.

Usmc1968

Quick question. What do you al put on the bottom edge of your blades so it does not tear up the asphalt? I just installed that blade and it looks like it would tear the driveway.  Just a thought

Semper Fi

Rick_in_CT

From my experience, the edge of the blade will wear out before it can damage the driveway.  The blade should be attached with a link to the tractor that allows for the blade to float up and down, so it should not be putting any more down force on the driveway than its own weight.  You can check this by putting the blade all the way down, with the tractor off, grab the top edge of the blade in the center and lift.  You should be able to lift the blade 6"+ if it has the link for float attached.  There is a link that provides a solid connection between the tractor and the plow, and it is good if you need to generate down force to scrape or dig into the dirt a little.  I have one, but don't use it very often.  Keep an eye on the wear of the blade edge.  Don't let it wear down so much that you are dragging the curved blade on the driveway.  Most edges can be flipped over so you can wear down both edges before needing to replace it.  Looks like you will get to make a test run later today.

Rick

• Like 2

Fun Engineer

Here you go

I have not located the correct sized one yet. I've seen some on ebay that would work perfect, but they are asking way to much $$$.

Duke sent me a link to Rural King for one. http://www.ruralking.com/automotive/vehicle-accessories/interior/car-accesories/window-12v-heater-and-defroster.html

Pretty good price.

Fun Engineer

From my experience, the edge of the blade will wear out before it can damage the driveway.  The blade should be attached with a link to the tractor that allows for the blade to float up and down, so it should not be putting any more down force on the driveway than its own weight.  You can check this by putting the blade all the way down, with the tractor off, grab the top edge of the blade in the center and lift.  You should be able to lift the blade 6"+ if it has the link for float attached.  There is a link that provides a solid connection between the tractor and the plow, and it is good if you need to generate down force to scrape or dig into the dirt a little.  I have one, but don't use it very often.  Keep an eye on the wear of the blade edge.  Don't let it wear down so much that you are dragging the curved blade on the driveway.  Most edges can be flipped over so you can wear down both edges before needing to replace it.  Looks like you will get to make a test run later today.

Rick

And you can always add a scrapper blade made from HDPE or similar plastic or rubber between the existing blade and scraper. I added a 1/2 inch thick layer of rubber to mine on the Ranger and MotoAlliance Plow and it works great. It won't however dig down to scrape so for asphalt.  That's good right?

Usmc1968

Sweet, thanks guys!  Actually my wife just plowed the drivway (I was on my way home from work) and she said it plows like a champ! No slipping or anything :banana-tux:

It is still coming down like crazy so in a few hrs I will give it a shot and include pictures!!

Semper Fi

dandan111

I like it usmc. Dont see that style set up often.

shallowwatersailor

Quick question. What do you al put on the bottom edge of your blades so it does not tear up the asphalt? I just installed that blade and it looks like it would tear the driveway.  Just a thought

Semper Fi

You might like to check this thread out. I put a 1/2" rubber edge on my 5xi blade for this season. I'll be updating the wear after today's snowfall.