RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

RMCIII

Jake, better late than never. Nice herd.... Regardless of the weather, you got the goods, to overcome the elements... :woohoo:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

RMCIII

MAN O MAN, you fellas posted some really cool pics of your snow gear. seems your ready to battle the white stuff and win.

question: I like the snow cabs, where do you buy them? I would like to investigate one for my 416-8. Seems that would complete my rig.

And if any of you have positive or negative comments on the snow cab, would like to hear about it. After all thats one GREAT thing about this forum, the accumulated knowledge helps us virgins make good decisions, thanks.

Glenn     :flags-usa:

I'm just getting to know mine, first year, but I can tell you exhaust fumes are an issue for me - and it doesn't help that I have asthma. It is nice to be out of the wind though. I wear a mask now to help with the fumes. I've thought about extending the exhaust up above the top of the cab - it may help.

Timo - something must be wrong.. I realize GT engines emit fumes that are very potent... But it really should not bother you under operation... Is the exhaust blowing the wrong direction?

Hodge71

post-1339-0-83312800-1387511005_thumb.jp

Heres my plower…at least until the 18 Auto makes its way home from the doctor. 1971 Charger 12 Automatic, wheel weights from a 1974 C-160, chains from an old Buick that I shortened to fit the tires and a 42" plow from 1969…or at least thats what I was told about the blade. SHe clears my half mile long driveway and does a great job except for the bald front sneakers that cause her to slide with an angled blade and a full head of snow… It is a great runner for a $175 because it didnt run when I got it

Edited by hodge71
  • Like 4

RMCIII

Hodge - you got the hook-up! Blow and bring wood in at the same time. :bow-blue: Saves on the gas and overall wear and tear on the GT! :laughing-rofl:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Finally. Pictures of my snow equip.post-12073-0-03067300-1387573305_thumb.jpost-12073-0-14954400-1387573353_thumb.j

I want to point out the plows not hooked up.

J/K. Lol

Glenn

• Like 3

RMCIII

Glenn- NICE!!!! :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:

JimmyZ

My Bro KenB having a little fun with his first use of his 2 wheeled snow pusher

• Like 3

shorts

I use the next door neighbor in his pickup and BOSS snowplow

• Like 1

Ken B

My Bro KenB having a little fun with his first use of his 2 wheeled snow pusher

I picked this little True-Trac walk behind tractor up from my brother Dave via one of our trades, he is also known as JimmyZ. He picked it up from my brother Jim thru one of their trades. I must say, I didn't think I'd have much use for this little walk behind. That is until I tried it, it is fun to use! It has more power than you would think it would. It has a little Clinton engine for power and it has a nice posi that unlocks when you turn it around. It has some real nice heavy cast iron wheel weights on the inside of the tires. I have a lot of walk ways that I clear at work. I have a real nice Ariens snow thrower and Ariens snow blower to use at work. Trouble is, when I salt the walk ways before I leave for the day at 3:30 (so the employess don't fall, law suits etc.) I often come in the next day and have a nice accumulation of fairly heavy mushy snow (thanks to the ice melter) that plugs up both of the Ariens machines. I then wind up having to manually shovel, which sucks, and at 45 I ain't gettin any younger. I'm going to take this walk behind to work and see if it helps with that problem. I was considering bringing one of my Wheel Horse's to work to help with that issue but in all honesty I think this walk behind will be easier to use...We shall see!

• Like 5

Swemill

My D-180 with the snowblade or the hydraulic front bucket.

post-9765-0-92390700-1387810112.jpg

post-9765-0-01131100-1387810159.jpg

• Like 5

RMCIII

My D-180 with the snowblade or the hydraulic front bucket.

attachicon.gifwh.10_2.JPG

attachicon.gifwh.8.JPG

SWEET!!!!!!

shallowwatersailor

FINALLY have the crew together (including my 48" squeegee  :) ) for this year's winter weather. It started off nicely in December, and hopefully the rest of winter will be full of snow!  :text-happynewyear:

post-3066-0-57928800-1388441030_thumb.jp

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Looks like Johns got back up for his back up.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

shallowwatersailor

Looks like Johns got back up for his back up.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Three more and I'll have one for everyday of the week!

• Like 1

RMCIII

John:

looks like you have great herd lined up for the white stuff... Nice... Like Craig mentioned, just a few more and you will be able to have one for each day of the week..... If I may, here is a suggestion. A cab, on any one of the GT', would reduce the need to have any additional horses.... :laughing-rofl:  :handgestures-thumbupright:

zieg72

My newly acquired 414-8, had it out today.  I can tell you I miss the easy steer on my 520H

• Like 1

RMCIII

My newly acquired 414-8, had it out today.  I can tell you I miss the easy steer on my 520H

How does that go.... "You never know what you have, until it is gone"... :laughing-rofl:

illinilefttackle

This year, because I sold my Wheel Horse Blade, I went back to what I had first-a Jacobsen blade modified to fit the C-125A. Everything works, although its kind of Rube Goldberg in places. I do have a blower, but I can't get down to put it on-Thanks for looking-Al

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

plow08006.jpg

Edited by illinilefttackle
  • Like 2

Fun Engineer

This is my first line of defense.

Can't get my video uploaded. Will try later.

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 1

RMCIII

This year, because I sold my Wheel Blade, I went back to what I had first-a Jacobsen blade modified to fit the C-125A. Everything works, although its kind of Rube Goldberg in places. I do have a blower, but I can't get down to put it on-Thanks for looking-Al

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

plow08006.jpg

Definitely like the strobe placement....

stevebo

@Ken- I just saw the walk behind two wheeler for the first time today. Very cool for sure. If you need a set of chains for it, let me know. I have a few laying around.

Here is my snow clearing crew. The first is my 1989 520H with 48 inch blade. The other is my 1992 520H with 38 inch berco blower and snow cab. They are talking 6-10 inches in the next 24-36 hours so.... ready to roll !!

post-734-0-66587300-1388630099_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

truckin88

20131215_035805_zps2a9418d7.jpg

It is not as fun as the horse, but with my work schedule and having no time it gets the job done quick. Here she is at the train station in the last storm. The truck is Beast in snow, the manual hubs are old school awesome when needed. Since fords have the solid axles and not IFS they handle the plows really well. Plus I put new ATs on her and they self clean nicely in deep snow. Already got called for overnight storm duty for thursday with this storm.

I am actually going to look for a maroon stripe or c series with blade as the truck has limitations where it can fit into and how close to the house and fence.

Edited by truckin88
  • Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

The equiptment lineup keeps getting better. Now,,,,,,,where the heck is this snow at?

Dont worry, on the way.  

Glenn

• Like 1

RMCIII

20131215_035805_zps2a9418d7.jpg

It is not as fun as the horse, but with my work schedule and having no time it gets the job done quick. Here she is at the train station in the last storm. The truck is Beast in snow, the manual hubs are old school awesome when needed. Since fords have the solid axles and not IFS they handle the plows really well. Plus I put new ATs on her and they self clean nicely in deep snow. Already got called for overnight storm duty for thursday with this storm.

I am actually going to look for a maroon stripe or c series with blade as the truck has limitations where it can fit into and how close to the house and fence.

Now you are just showing off... :)

@Ken- I just saw the walk behind two wheeler for the first time today. Very cool for sure. If you need a set of chains for it, let me know. I have a few laying around.

Here is my snow clearing crew. The first is my 1989 520H with 48 inch blade. The other is my 1992 520H with 38 inch berco blower and snow cab. They are talking 6-10 inches in the next 24-36 hours so.... ready to roll !!

Those will make for an easy decimation of the 6-10 inches...

c175inMA

No pics now because it's snowing, but I'm using my C-175 with a 44" two stage.