RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

5aruvasa.jpg

Used this cub last winter, sold it because my drive was too small. I do it faster with the 42"on the 416-8 than with the 54" on the big cub.

This year the 416 is in process of donating its onan p216 and steering to swap onto a 520h I got with a shot engine. Since we got 5" this week and expecting 8-12" this weekend I've got the 42" blade on my 90 520h. I don't have a plow extension, so if I can't angle to the right because the blade hits the tire. If I angle left out doesn't rub the tire, but it's so close it pulled my roller chain off.

Either way, the tractor is wider than the blade when it's angled.

Here's a shot of the 416-8 with the blower from last year...

manaru3a.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

5aruvasa.jpg

Used this cub last winter, sold it because my drive was too small. I do it faster with the 42"on the 416-8 than with the 54" on the big cub.

This year the 416 is in process of donating its onan p216 and steering to swap onto a 520h I got with a shot engine. Since we got 5" this week and expecting 8-12" this weekend I've got the 42" blade on my 90 520h. I don't have a plow extension, so if I can't angle to the right because the blade hits the tire. If I angle left out doesn't rub the tire, but it's so close it pulled my roller chain off.

Either way, the tractor is wider than the blade when it's angled.

Here's a shot of the 416-8 with the blower from last year...

manaru3a.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

That's the same setup I have.. I think it's great. But I don't have chains and weights. Till this Moday. Another story.

Can I ask why you have the drift cutters off the snow thrower ?

Thanks for sharing. Like the old cub to.

Glenn

decksetter
Can I ask why you have the drift cutters off the snow thrower ? Thanks for sharing. Like the old cub to. Glenn
Actually the blower didn't have the side wings when I got it a couple years ago. It doesn't work very well on my gravel drive anyway so I never bothered to make any for it. I usually just use the blade instead. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk Edited by decksetter

TravelinJavelin
post-11959-0-62697800-1385680519.jpg this is what I'm using!
post-11959-0-09026500-1386535803.jpg
  • Like 4

posifour11

Dangit..... OK. I'll take a picture of my frankentractor tomorrow if I get snow to plow. They say I will....

• Like 1

squonk

Wish I had a better video. Tough to run a hydro, blower,lift and camera all at the same time. Marvin died right after I shot this. Had to push it into the shop. New fuel pump coming in a few days. :sad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmQH_wAsnGQ

• Like 1

RMCIII

Squonk...sorry to hear about Marvin.... I really like the resto job you did with him... resurrection time, maybe you should rename him Lazarus>> :eusa-think:

Travlinjavilin.....nice set ups///// Any videos would be AWESOME!!! :bow-blue:

TravelinJavelin

yeah I know I still haven't got one yet I'm going thave too though and thank you on the set up still going to have to get chains though

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

You guys you get a lot of snow? Well I have a lake effect snow warning for south of buffalo,ny where I live between Monday night and Wednesday morning suppose to get a little of 3 feet of snow!!! The crazy part of the storm by Wednesday afternoon all the roads will be plow to drive around town just to show you we move snow fast here in western,new York....

TravelinJavelin

that's all right you guys can keep it over there LOL!

• Like 1

RMCIII

Cutlas....hmmmm, seems like that would make a great video???????? :occasion-snowman:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

You guys you get a lot of snow? Well I have a lake effect snow warning for south of buffalo,ny where I live between Monday night and Wednesday morning suppose to get a little of 3 feet of snow!!! The crazy part of the storm by Wednesday afternoon all the roads will be plow to drive around town just to show you we move snow fast here in western,new York....

I know that, I have a close buddy moved to Rochester, we stay in touch a few times per week. winter comes early, long and hard and stays late.

Be wheel horse prepared. 

Glenn

• Like 1

papaglide

Right on bro! Front end loaders bite a lot of snow! Right now, I am so happy that me and the family moved about 30 miles north of you. Only Up to 2 inches of the stuff up here.

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

Now we have blizzard warnings!! The wind sounds like thunder. Lake effect snow is evil! I'll post pictures tommorow

• Like 1

userj8670

Now we have blizzard warnings!! The wind sounds like thunder. Lake effect snow is evil! I'll post pictures tommorow

I hear it's coming down pretty crazy out there but here in Lewiston I have yet to see a flake! I hope we get some snow - the Kohler needs a workout

• Like 1

Hodge71

Heres a vid of the Charger 12 working her ass off last Friday in 11 below zero and 8 inches of snow…driveway is close to 1/2 mile long…

• Like 2

Olratlr

post-1304-0-44113200-1389123228_thumb.jp

• Like 3

TT

A guy about a mile away from where I work has a Trackster almost identical to yours.

He had it out playing in the snow the other week.  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Ok, now that is just plain OUTSTANDING>... Got a cab for it with a heater? :handgestures-thumbupright:

Olratlr

I just got through making all of the attachment for it only purchased the blade raise and lower with 2000 lb wench and swivel left and right.

BUT I ALSO USE MY D180 WITH CHAINS AND WEIGHTS.

I like to play with them both. tee hee

Olratlr

Ok, now that is just plain OUTSTANDING>... Got a cab for it with a heater? :handgestures-thumbupright:

I made two stainless stell shrouds left and right that go over the exiting engine heat and it blows back to your seat. Haven,t started on a Cab yet 

• Like 1

dodgemike

I'll be using Dad's hand me down

C121 w 42" plow. Weights and

Chains. 36 years old and runs like

A champ! I allready have dibs on

His 312 Hjydro. Dad buys no parts

Except from the dealer. He swears

Toro/WH belts last longer.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

RMCIII

Mike - you know the drill... :banana-gotpics:  :banana-gotpics:  :banana-gotpics:

dodgemike

Here she isPosted Image

post-11867-138919232713_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

dodgemike

As we say in the musclecar world,

It's a good "ten footer". But it is a

Worker..

Lars

Here's a short vid of snowplowing