RMCIII

What will you be using this winter to clear the snow?

Theroundhousernr

Interesting, A guy at work gave me a huge black piece of HDPE. It is textured on one side. He said it was used for cutting boards.  Its like 4' by 6'. Its pretty thick though. I dont know if that matters? Its close to 1/2 inch thick. Something like 3/8 maybe. I might have to give that a try if you guys with experience think its not to thick.

The way I understand it. The big boys with the big truck plows use UHMW " Ultra High Molecular Weight". Thats why I never thought of using the HDPE. It has just been collecting dust.

PS the guy that gave it to me used to be a plastic rep for a quadrant. He said HDPE has great wear properties but there is something with the UHMW thats even better. So many factors when it comes to plastic. Temp. expansion, water absorbtion, wear property, strength , melting temp...... UH the world of plastics. I like to just shoot the bull with him about plastics. Some of the super plastics used in turbines are just amazing.

Kyle

Edited by Theroundhousernr

Lane Ranger

I am going to  put the plow on the RJ 58 again and have it ready this year for the early snows!    I used this a lot two years ago and not much last winter  .     I really always like the way this tractor and snowplow performed in  moving snow and having fun doing it!

post-339-0-82874000-1409701192_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-56236500-1409701224_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-66473900-1409701259_thumb.jpg

The 1967 Lawn Ranger with the STR-324  Snowthrower will be the backup !

post-339-0-84067800-1409700628_thumb.jpg

post-339-0-60240200-1409701007_thumb.jpg

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 6

Geno

If mine looked that good I couldn't get it near the snow.   :icecream: 

• Like 1

RMCIII

857 WITH ALL 4 WEIGHTS......48" PLOW....DONT ,,,WONT,,,CANT STOP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JUST FOUND A SINGLE STAGE BLOWER....857 #2 IS GONNA TRY THAT THIS WINTER

WHY ARE WE TALKING ABOUT SNOW???   ITS 90 OUTSIDE !!!   OLOOLLOOLO

Look at Farmers Almanac...... That's all I have to say bout that! < Forest Gump!

Edited by RMCIII
  • Like 2

RMCIII

Kyle-- I have a classmate that manages IDOT out of Rochelle, Il.. Yes, they ues that product for plows, but is your tractor  going 50mph?????

Poly will work just fine...

Lane - you are BANNED from this thread unless you provide HD videos of your horses working this winter!!!!! I can't like our post more than once, otherwise I would!

Rob

• Like 1

Hossenfeffa

That's a great tip Thanks Rob

Edited by Hossenfeffa

Geno

Kyle-- I have a classmate that manages IDOT out of Rochelle, Il.. Yes, they ues that product for plows, but is your tractor  going 50mph?????

Lane - you are BANNED from this thread unless you provide HD videos of your horses working this winter!!!!! I can't like our post more than once, otherwise I would!

Rob

At least you can like it, I run out of likes every single day!    :no: 

• Like 2

Theroundhousernr

Rob

Tell that to Stig with his new wheel horse project lol :ychain: . It just never crossed my mind of using it. I was not trying to say you or anyone was wrong for doing so. I wasnt thinking about its great wear characteristics also.  I tend to over think/do things in life and in my mind lol and I miss things like that. And its free too! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Lane . There is something so cool about your little horses doing snow removal. I was really liking your lawn ranger last year. Makes me want to trade my 520h in on one. Not being sarcastic....... well maybe a little but still. Thats really cool way to clean up the snow. MIght have to find me a little horse now..... :banana-tux:  There has been a Suburban Blower floating around my area online for awhile now...... :icecream:

• Like 2

Lane Ranger

Theroundhousemr _  I bet you could get about three Lawn Rangers and or a couple and an RJ  if you did trade in your 520 H !

Rob:  If you want videos ( Some in HD too)   I have about 50 on YouTube of some of these things moving snow etc.

https://www.youtube.com/user/LaneRanger

Edited by Lane Ranger
  • Like 2

Geno

Oh cool, thanks for the link!  :text-woo:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Nice videos Lane!

Rob

• Like 1

47JDG

I have a 32" earlier model blower that has been converted over to an attach-a-matic setup. I used it on my C-81 last year and it worked really well. I am going to make some extensions for the side wings to extend it out to a 40 inch or so cut and put it on my SK486 this winter. If we get hammered with deep snow like we did last winter I will much rather use the Kohler 16 than the 8. I have thrown a lot of snow with a C160 in the past. I am sure the SK486 should work just as well.

• Like 2

Akestner

679b0307d92fae3f5646c1f61a508d5c.jpg

I bought the snow thrower at the sale in pa this was when I first got it home I've got wheel weights and chains on it now missed out on a snowcab

• Like 3

RMCIII

Getting to see a lot more new horses ready to do some serious damage on the white stuff. Just don't forget the videos!!!!!!!! :)

Geno

Yeah, what RMC said!   :text-yeahthat:    :text-woo:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

My two favorite things this time of year,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

SUNBURN & SNOWBLOWERS.

Hard to beleive I had the kids at the jersey shore boardwalk 2 days ago,,,,,, :ROTF:                    

Glenn

• Like 1

RMCIII

Only 1 place that I am aware of where you can get a sunburn while snowblowing....... COLORADO!!!!! Sure wish we had some members from there. They could show us some great videos of snow removal........ One it day it may be 10 degress and blowing snow... The next day, sunny and warm, in the 60's...... Crazy weather in Colorad..

Rob

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Something  for all occasions.

post-7208-0-73646600-1409946042_thumb.jp

And if none of them work, use the two on the left.

post-7208-0-33248000-1409946063_thumb.jp

I am anxious to see what that Techy powered walk behind will do.

Also added a rubber flapper to one of the blowers... we'll see if it helps.

post-7208-0-94965600-1409946080_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Geno

Looks like you're ready Ed, if that doesn't do it nothing will.   :text-+1:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Ed, make sure you get a video the that blower.... That was going to be my next project. I want to see, f I can see, a difference....

Rob

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

The C-161 drew the short straw for the coming winter.

post-13276-0-12989400-1410001115_thumb.j

• Like 2

Ed Kennell

Ed, make sure you get a video the that blower.... That was going to be my next project. I want to see, f I can see, a difference....

Rob

I think it has to help to close off the gap on the impeller  Rob.  Especially in the wet sticky stuff.    The flapper is on the short chute on the  C-125.   I guess to get a fair evaluation, I will have to put my other short chute blower w/o flapper on the C-120, then find two drivers so I can video them side by side.    Are you headed East anytime this winter ? :occasion-snowman:

• Like 1

squonk

I was at the WNY Steam show today and saw another one of those blowers. 

post-2380-0-21662700-1410039686_thumb.jp

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

Ed Kennell

That one has a different chute that stays flat ..never goes to round.   Strange angled mounting of the gas tank.   At $25 , It would have followed me home. Was it made by Craftsman ?

• Like 1

AMC RULES

For the light duty stuff, might maybe give this one a go.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-68904300-1410042705_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-30032100-1410042715_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-04056000-1410042723_thumb.jp

• Like 5