Charger12Custom

Front hitch on Charger 12?

Charger12Custom

I have a Charger 12 that I plan on making a beast out of. I want to know what I need exactly to put the front hitch and mule drive on my tractor. I would like to find a deck for it so I've heard having the front hitch and mule drive opens up more options. I'd love to be able to use a snow blower if I ever come across one as well. Other plans include cat 0 3pt hitch, rear ag tires and tri rib front tires. Maybe a rebuild with the cheater cam but the engine runs strong still so that may be for a later date.. Would love to restore this before I move onto cars.. I'm relying on you guys to help me out when I need it. Pictures will be included shortly! >_>

CasualObserver

Well.... this is one method   (link)---->

fronthitch011.jpg

Or the OEM kit.. # 8-5541

Fronthitchkit8-5541.jpg

2444614450_4fb2d7e97c.jpg

• Like 2

Charger12Custom

Thanks! I may do option 1 unless I find option 2 on the cheap (unlikely) I'm happy I'm a good welder though!!

KC9KAS

Charger12Custom, :WRS: , and :wwp:

Charger12Custom

Picture time!! Here are the main side and front shots

Front

Posted Image

Sides

Posted Image

Posted Image

The plow is actually for the 4wheeler behind the tractor.. Just a custom mount and some scratch pieces later its a snow pusher! With this number can anyone tell me the year?

Posted Image

More pictures soon.. Along with ideas

Charger12Custom

Any ideas for 3pt setup (cat 0 of course) out back?

Posted Image

Any ideas on a power lift with down pressure and float settings? If I use chains on the arms I could achieve float but wondering if theres a way to get down pressure.. Wondering about fitting a cylinder somehow in the toolbox area.. Or some thing. Double action electric or hydraulic cylinders? I'd like it to be able to lift about 500 pounds or so, may never lift that much but there's some cat 0 box blades and it weighs about 200lbs (or that's what it says..)

Posted Image

bitten

Nice looking 1968 you have there.

WH nut
  • On my raider 12 all I did was drill 3 holes , added spacers and bolted the front hitch on

Charger12Custom

Daveomann1966 has 30 or so front hitches up for sale, wh nut I may end up doing it that way as it sounds easier and the front hitch is fairly cheap from daveo

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk