JayMartin

Just bought 2 Horses - But What Are They?

JayMartin

Growing up dad always had a 196x's Wheel Horse he'd use to drag things around the property.   I always thought that thing was bada**.   Now I have a place of my own and got sucked into a deal, sight unseen, on craigslist and I'm hoping I have made the right decision.

I am paying $325 for 2 mowers.  The seller said the one that runs is the one that fits the snow plow but I have no idea which one that would be either.

Hopefully this will end up being a fun winter project to take up some recently cleaned space in the garage.

Appreciate any advice or guesses on what years these are.  All feedback appreciated.  Glad to join the forum.

Jay

post-11884-0-74281800-1382488057.jpg

post-11884-0-02841800-1382488060.jpg

post-11884-0-94415700-1382488060.jpg

post-11884-0-92447500-1382488061.jpg

post-11884-0-83571000-1382488063.jpg

post-11884-0-76525300-1382488064.jpg

• Like 3

953 nut

:WRS:   For $325 you done good.  The rear end of one of them will have a bracket that the snow plow attaches to. I would guess it will be the one with the starter/generator.

The seller should have warned you, these are addictive. :ROTF:  :laughing-rolling:   :ROTF: 

:text-coolphotos: 

Jake Kuhn

:WRS:  that was a very good price! Looks like maybe you have a b80 and a commando 8 or 867? Can't say for sure from the pictures. The hubcaps on what looks like a commando are pretty hard to find...if they clean up nice they can be worth a good chunk of money to a collector...so take care of them....they are pretty cool to find!

Sparky

I bet the plow fits the B-80 4 speed(the one with the taller seat). Not sure what the other one is.

I think you'll be happy!

:WRS:

Mike...........

GlenPettit

You did real real good!   Hope you will get both of them running . . . all the help you need is right here on Red Square.

:text-welcomewave: 

i967mustang

What does the tag on the side say? just under the gas tank. that would tell you what they are and for more info you would need to post serial numbers and model numbers. There should be a tag either on the left side of the tractor under the gas tank support or under the dash right in front of the shifter. Nice looking tractors .

• Like 1

glgrumpy

Can't see the decals under tank for model, but was kinda thinking B-80 for at least one. the one with shroud on gen belt, not sure. One seems to have oversize front tires. I would think the plow would fit either tractor, but you would need to  have the rear mount on the rear axle to slide it into.  These are easy to work on, parts everywhere, and they steer nicer than many other old brands and cab maneuver tite spots easily.  Check points and clean carb and I bet they run fine.

Wheel-N-It

You did good for $325. I could not have walked away from that, and I'm not in the market for any other LAGT's now.

stevasaurus

Nice find for sure.  That snow blade is going to fit on the horse without the running boards.  The lever that changes the blade angle on the plow will not clear the running boards on the B80.  BTW...Welcome to Red Square... :)

After looking at the pictures again...if you turn that handle around (so it sticks out a little farther) and change the pull lever to the other side of the handle...it may work on your B80.  I did that with my B100...I have to reach a little, but it works.  It is not right, but it works.

Edited by stevasaurus

Lane Ranger

Two very nice tractors Jay for the price you paid.  And you have some original Wheel Horse Hub Caps!

Edited by Lane Ranger

KC9KAS

:WRS:  Hello to another Hoosier!

You have a couple of nice WH GT's and the price was good.

Edited by KC9KAS

groundhog47

:WRS: I'll tell you exactly what they are.........really really nice tractors, names and numbers can't say but think you have some G O O D ones!

hcminis

great buy.  Saw those on C.L. as well and hesitated to long.

papaglide

You did very good. You have 2 of the hardest working and toughest tractors made. They are easy to maintain and fix. You will dig them for sure! Welcome aboard brother!