pinecone

trees everywhere

pinecone

anyone have more trees that this. i don't even live here. inherited the property. if got circles down pat. photos had to be croped down to fit. hope these photos work with the space allowed. will post my tractor with a reply, won't fit.

post-7287-0-23175000-1382474064_thumb.jppost-7287-0-68574800-1382474104_thumb.jppost-7287-0-03334400-1382474134_thumb.jppost-7287-0-11804300-1382474166_thumb.jppost-7287-0-14335900-1382474191_thumb.jp

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Nice pictures...gotta love the stone fence. 

P.S.  there is a beer behind every tree. :)

• Like 1

pinecone

not beer, would take to long. couple of hagging flasks. note the bug eyes in the garage. our 1917 modle t. also a locke mower tri-plex if anyone wants it. (the mower)

post-7287-0-24551400-1382475880_thumb.jp

• Like 3

Anglo Traction

Sure hope you have a Wood Burner, what with all those trees, and no mowing stripes (straight) possible. Nice Horse and would love to see a pic of the 'T' if poss.   

Martin

beautiful property. i guess if it were me i would just deal with the hassle of mowing around the trees. wouldnt want to be without them......

pinecone

two fireplaces, will try to get a photo but its parked behind stuff in the corner and weighs a ton. model t, need to proof read better. your right about the mowing stripes, not many long stretches to see any. if viewed from above, crop circles.

glgrumpy

Wow! Great place!  This looks like what my Wife would want if we had woods, all mowed pretty. She can't stand the "Ruff" woods, specially around the house. 

woodchuckfarmer

What do you do with all the leaves in the fall ? Must be tons of them .

pinecone

here is a photo of the model t, even has a pickup back that can be changed out. there are 4 oil lamps that might look good on an rj. i thought you were refering to the tri-plex when i mentioned the weight.

post-7287-0-52051400-1382480313_thumb.jp

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Lucky you...beautiful inheritance you've got there.   :bow-blue: 

posifour11

Not bragging, but I've probably cut down that many this year. Like your place, and really like the model T!

IMG_20130729_161032_327.jpg

Edited by posifour11

RMCIII

Looks like a great property for some demos being done. Call Toro, Cub, Simplicity, JD, Jacobson, ect. Schedule them all a week apart and you'll have someone else worry about cutting around the trees for a portion of the season next year.. :laughing-rofl:  Oh, then call back 4 of them and tell them it is down to 4 of you. I just need you to come out again and give me another demo.. :laughing-rolling:

IthacaJeff

You never fully appreciate the value of trees until you have none. We built our

new house 5 years ago on old farmland. Only a few trees on the far off perimeter.

No regrets, but the shade and wind blockage and beauty of trees is much missed.

Most of our landscaping "budget" has gone toward trees. . .seedlings mostly.

Our shade trees are about 10', our conifer windscreens are 4'. Got 10 apples

out of our orchard.  In time the grandkids (a long way off) can enjoy the trees.

This spring we hope to plant something of a woodlot looking toward a future with

wood burning. Fast growing hybrid poplar, maybe a few black locust, and an

experiment with osage orange cultivars.

Jeff

pinecone

sounds like a good plan. i hope you have more soil for roots. there is less than 4 feet anywhere here till bedrock causing buttrused roots all over as there is only 1 foot of pitch from front to back, heavy rain han no place to go. they will be the death of my spindles and blades. most have names by now, pelosi, read and so on. cover themselves nicely with leaves. good luck.

Wheel-N-It

Nice place Pinecone. Looks like you got more room for Wheel Horses in the other bay of your garage.