roscoemi

Hayride Day

roscoemi

We hitched up the ole C-121 to the utility trailer, piled everybody in and rode around the property for a few hours. The old guy never missed a beat and could care less how many people were in the trailer, he just kept pulling away.

post-6649-0-92083900-1382227858_thumb.jp

post-6649-0-77644100-1382227890_thumb.jp

Yes I did pick up the dragging chain before we started!

• Like 3

zanepetty

Looks like a good time! I'm hoping to hook my 753 up to the trail or when I get her all put back together! Nice looking tractor!

AMC RULES

Looks like a good  :wh: time was had by all. 

Sparky

Looks like an interesting front counter weight!

Mike.........

userj8670

Nice looking horse...was the weight actually needed?

953 nut

Nice looking horse...was the weight actually needed?

As far back as the trailer axil is I would say the toung weight is about 300 pounds plus, yes the weights were needed.

:text-coolphotos:   Looks like a fun day for all. :woohoo:

Wheel-N-It

Great day there with loved ones! But you need jackets and hoodies already??? Wow, big difference in Mi. and NC. :occasion-snowman:

Racinbob

I would say 300# is very conserative. 8 of the 11 people are fully forward of the trailer axle plus that trailer isn't light. I have pulled that many around but I always tried to make sure the load was balanced more on a trailer with the axle towards the center. I used to pull a 30' travel trailer with a c160 and used a snowblower for counterweight. I still had to be careful about wheelies and didn't go downhill with that thing behind me.

KC9KAS

Nice time for a hayride!

Looks like everyone was having a good time!

Thanks for the photos.

WH nut

I would say 300# is very conserative. 8 of the 11 people are fully forward of the trailer axle plus that trailer isn't light. I have pulled that many around but I always tried to make sure the load was balanced more on a trailer with the axle towards the center. I used to pull a 30' travel trailer with a c160 and used a snowblower for counterweight. I still had to be careful about wheelies and didn't go downhill with that thing behind me.

I used to pull

I used to pull a 30 footer around the yard also with my 704. My boy on the hood was the counter weight.

roscoemi

Van, jackets and hoodies were because it was in the low 40's, windy and light rain coming and going all day. I was freezing on the tractor!

The trailer came from who knows where and is our beat around rig, don't have to worry about scuffing it. I have no idea why the axle is mounted where it is, but it would be a lot handier if it was more towards the middle. But free is for me. The front weight is a must with the hitch up as high as it is to level the trailer. I made a mount that goes into the mid and front tach matics that holds a box loaded with about 80lbs of scrap iron. The front was a bit light with the trailer loaded, so on went the spare tire from the trailer and part of a hardened cement bag. That planted the front, making it sure footed going up and down hills. A different weight box will replace this redneck contraption in the future. The tractor was a freebe and got a spray bomb restoration on it as it's a worker, Terry's decals make it look good!

• Like 1