Sign in to follow this  
skrusins

1996 416-8 trans in a1976 B-80 8-Speed

skrusins

I was wondering if a 1996 416-8 trans in a1976 B-80 8-Speed are the same for a swap,

also the same for the front axle?

skrusins

Maybe I worded this wrong I have a B 80 with a bad trans I found a 416 with a good trans

and I would like to know if it go in my B 80 without any mods.

Thanks in advance

stevasaurus

No, you did not word it wrong...just not sure if it is a bolt on with no mods.  Will do some checking in the morning...been a busy day.  Some guys may know, but I will have to do some leg work...I am more knowledgeable with the earlier horses.  I would say it will bolt on, but you may have to do some mods with the linkage  Let you know what I find out.  Sometimes it takes a little while for the right guy to see this thread.  I just do not want to give you some wrong information. :eusa-think:  I would be more inclined to help you fix the 8 speed...what is wrong with it??

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

After looking around, it appears it should bolt on with little or no modifications to the linkage.  The brake drum appears to be mounted on the end of the cluster gear shaft in both transmissions.  That is what I like to look for.  :)

skrusins

First of all I want to apologize for not Thanking you sooner, I had dental problems.

Still no excuse for all you have done to help me to decide on what to do with the

B89 trans.When I have taken it apart a couple years ago I have seen some deep

cuts in the axle's housing. I've been concerned on how long the needle bearings

would last. That is why I pickup the 416-8. I was hoping someone else did a swap

similar to this one.

Once again Thank You for feed back.

stevasaurus

Mike Biser (racinfool40) has the axles and any thing else you may need to fix the original transmission for a fair price if you decide to go that route. He is in Ohio also..  Send him a PM...good people. :)

Thanks for your last post.