aj1978

Tiller For C 145 Automatic

aj1978

I am looking at purchasing this tiller, they don't have a model, but the tiller rotates, is not frozen etc.  I am looking to see what other brackets/mountings I will need to attach this to the rear of my tractor.  The width of the tine guard is 37" wide.post-11859-0-68764600-1382033239.jpgpost-11859-0-51089800-1382033243.jpgpost-11859-0-49558200-1382033249.jpg

N3PUY

Well,  you need all the parts attached to the tractor .... lever under the seat, cable and tube, lift chain, lift helper spring,  mid-mount pulleys and tension spring and belt.  Take a look at a tiller manual for the pics.   If you have to buy these parts it will be $$$. 

aj1978

I will take a look, I have the lift attachments for the mower deck, and its a hydraulic lift, I knew there would be some pulleys to get the belt to the back.  I will have to put a list together,  The Tiller I can get CHEAP, don't wanna put a price, but less than the average 300, That being said I don't want to spend 400 in accessories for something I will need 3 times a year at best. I will go buy a good BCS walk behind lol

N3PUY

The tiller uses the mower lift but that is all.  You still need all I listed.  And there is a difference between the tube for the manual and hydro tractors.  The tiller alone is worth about $40 without attachments.  And the missing parts are about $300.  YES!   Look up a tiller on PARTSTREE.  Model # is 79370-7900001 and ser# is like 7900311.  (that's mine)

Kelly

That tiller looks to have very nice tines on it, and if there is little play in the gear box I would say it is worth $100, yes the other parts can be costly, but tillers with good tines are getting hard to find for a good price, tines are about $500

aj1978

going to have to make a list and see what all I need, perhaps someone has some of these extras, or I can source out.  Yeah I thought the tines looked good also,  Time to research a little

dcrage

Make a point of asking the seller if they have the mid-mount pulley -- My impression is they don't realize this part goes with the tiller (i.e. they haven't used it before, just selling it) -- I believe that is the big ticket item to replace -- I bought all of the other pieces (belt, cables, tube, springs, under seat lever/hitch attachment) this year from Toro (well the old Wheel Horse dealer had some of the parts stached away) and the total was in the $100-200 range

gwest_ca

What you need to end up with

IPL's

OM

Garry

daveoman1966

You'll need everything here...there are a few variations available on ebay.

It seems you already have the lift-assist spring. 

My email is:  daveoman@windstream.net & I have some of the other items shown.

312Hydro

You can build the mid mount pulley and  lift arm to save some money. The rear axle bracket can be fabbed too. Do a forum search  and you will find at least 3 different mid mount pulley fabrications. The lift arm also has at least 4 different fabrications by the members here.Get the tiller,you won't regret it and you will have til spring to come up with the rest. I paid $60 for my tiller belt from Toro, but I'm sure the members here have a better priced one sourced out.Here's a few links to get you started-

aj1978

Wow Guys,

Wish I had been here when I did the restore on my C145 several years ago.   You guys are a great help.  DaveO is pretty close to me, so I may get some parts from him.  I am looking at the fab links, and think/know I could make many of these parts  but my time is so heavily used as it is.  Looks like I will invest in a NEW belt for sure to say the least.  Still looking at all the options