1965 855

my son has a good eye!

1965 855

My son texted me: "Dad, I found a Wheelhorse for sale in someone's front yard." All he could say was " It looks old, but really clean looking."So off we go, it was getting dark when we arrived and there was no WH sitting out but the garage door was open. We knocked on the door to inquire and then taken to the garage to see this beautiful 753 with a snow blade. My herd is growing!!

• Like 5

Wheel-N-It

Well ????????????????????? Did you buy it? :banana-gotpics:

1965 855

The last line should Answer that question, "My herd is growing" Yes, I bought it and will post pictures soon

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:  :wwp:  :popcorn:

953 nut

:woohoo:   Keep hoping my so will call me with news like that!  Can't wate to see pictures.  :text-bravo: 

:USA: 

Wheel-N-It

I love it when the herd is growing! To heck with thinning out ;)

baerpath

I love it when the herd is growing! To heck with thinning out ;)

Once your past 40 it's time to thin. 

• Like 1

WH-PWR

How many do you have in your herd? Can you post pictures or a list? By the way, congratulations on your new purchase!!!

• Like 1

1965 855

Thank's guys, I posted about a year ago with my first horse (855) you may recall the post " bit by the Wheelhorse bug" I have since found a original 1960 550 with a deck and all belt guards and all cables, but the wrong motor. I will be performing a complete restoration on this one and making it a 400. And now number 3 is the 753. I am new to the hobby but as I stated in my very first post, my very first experience with 4 wheels and a motor was a Wheelhorse tractor my father had when I was about seven years old, I can't recall the model but it always stuck with me. I have paid for the 753 , but have not picked it up yet. I will post pictures of the 753 and the Suburban next week. Thanks again, this is a GREAT GROUP!!

speedyleedy

It's like eating a Lay's potato chip you just can't stop @ one :popcorn:

• Like 3

1965 855

Here ya go forgot this was in my phonepost-9006-0-79558300-1382056158.jpg

• Like 1

1965 855

Took a figuring to get from my phone to here, but this is the new 753.post-9006-0-87572200-1382056683.jpgpost-9006-0-50442600-1382056698.jpg

• Like 2

1965 855

Here is the 60. This belonged to a good friend of mine and was in his family since the early 1970s.post-9006-0-72223200-1382065304_thumb.jppost-9006-0-01997800-1382065317_thumb.jp

• Like 1

jackhammer

Good LQQKing tractor your son found.

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 1

WH-PWR

Thanks for the list and the pictures. That is one NICE 753!!! Looks like your off to a great start and as you said your herd is growing.

whc160

:text-coolphotos: You got a nice start to a good herd there.  Are you planning on taking them to any shows after you are done restoring them?

1965 855

Yes, I would like to show the 60 when completed. Like my cars it's very important to me to do a 100% accurate/correct restoration. I have seen this topic brought up before, and have seen others with yellow wheels and seat. Is there something different about these red/yellow combination tractors? As far as the 753 it's gone this long unrestored, so I'm leaving it alone. They are only original once!

Hammerhead

Yep you have some nice Horses so far! Glad to see such a nice 753 in original condition, I'd leave it as original as possible too, glad to hear that! I like my tractors to be in original condition most of the time. It even has the rare hydraulic lift with the rare belt guard too! Glad your son got involved on this one! Your 550 looks pretty good too, the one front tire and rim got ate up with calcium damage. Another Ohio guy,

cool beans!  KJ