dtallon

Nice "new" Raider 12

dtallon
Picked this up last week and hadn't had a chance to post pictures yet.  I was looking for a Horse to help move some snow this winter, and although this isn't exactly the direction I was planning on going, this one was in such good condition and a good price so I couldn't pass it up.   It is by far, the best original seat I have found on one.  The engine runs good, but has a non-original engine block.  The Sears snow blower is way more than I need so have posted it on classifieds.  Hate to break up the set since it is in good condition and someone did a pretty nice job installing it on this tractor, but it takes up too much room to keep "just in case".  I plan on just running it with the snow blade this winter.  I think I got all the blade parts (have angle handle, just not in pics) except one of the rods for the angle lock mechanism, but hopefully that isn't too hard to make.  

Raider12_01.jpg

Raider12_02.jpg.

Raider12_03.jpg

Raider12_04.jpg

Raider12_05.jpg

It also came with a bucket of parts.  I think most are for a mower deck mule drive, but there is one part (middle of picture) I can't identify.  It has a bend at one end and a threaded trunnion on the other.  The bent end looks like it was welded on to something else at some point.  Since the blower is pretty close to WH red, I can't tell if it is a WH part or from the blower.  There is also a pin on a chain that seems a little fancy to just be a hitch pin, but maybe that is all it is.  If anybody recognizes either, please post here. 

Raider12_06.jpg
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Really nice lookin' Raider there.    :handgestures-thumbsup:

dclarke

Nice lookin Raider, Dave.

neil

what a beauty

Nice find

meadowfield

It also came with a bucket of parts.  I think most are for a mower deck mule drive, but there is one part (middle of picture) I can't identify.  It has a bend at one end and a threaded trunnion on the other.  The bent end looks like it was welded on to something else at some point.  Since the blower is pretty close to WH red, I can't tell if it is a WH part or from the blower.  There is also a pin on a chain that seems a little fancy to just be a hitch pin, but maybe that is all it is.  If anybody recognizes either, please post here. 

Raider12_06.jpg

at least two of those parts are the mule and tension pulley from a GT-14 cutter deck... unless the same parts were used on other decks..... :D

Edited by meadowfield

WH nut

The two larger parts with pulleys are for the deck mule drive on the raider. It also looks like he has removed the quick tach

squonk

Steve wants you to leave that blower off. If you do ,it's  guaranteed a blizzard will hit Il. this year with  2 to 3  foot drifts!  :thumbs:  :)

Wheel-N-It

thats a nice looking little Raider!!!

dtallon

Mike - I was joking with the seller about that. He bought it 3 years ago and since then all we have had are a few smaller snows, mostly of wet snow which isn't good for a single stage blower like that. At least he was buying a walk behind blower so that won't totally jinx us.

hcminis

WOW Dave, you have been bitten hard by the W.H. bug...lol

That is a nice looking tractor.

papaglide

That is a nice looking tractor..and that blower is HUGE.

Wheel Horse Kid

Sharp Looking Raider! Congrats!