Sign in to follow this  
Guest fireman

What engine to use as replacement on RJ58?

Guest fireman

Trying to find either a K91,K90 or Clinton is proving impossible :banghead: !

Does anyone know of a good replacement engine to use on the RJ58? Would like to find something that will fit without any modification.

Brrly1

Patience is a virtue!! They will pop up, Trust me just keep your eyes and ears open!! See ya Burly

sorekiwi

For an RJ I'd just keep looking.

Since I dont need one, I've seen 3 or 4 K90/91's come up on ebay in the last year or so.

Another place worth checking out is the old style mower/small engine repair shops (the ones with a yard full of dead machines out the back). My local WH dealer had one sitting on a shelf last time I was there. I'll see if its still there next time I'm over there (I'm sure he will be proud of it).

Good luck and keep looking!

Where are you located?

Kelly

There was one on Ebay a few weeks ago that sold for less than $75 running K-90 Keep looking.

Guest fireman

Well I think my problem is solved. I just picked up a brand new still in the box Tecumseh 4 HP HS40 from an older gentleman for $45 :banana: . He bought it years ago and never used it. Should be a perfect fit :banghead:

Kelly

Glad to hear you solved that, quickly too.

jerrell

:hide: Hello sherman, you did know Teccumseh went over seas didn't you, may be hard getting parts later, but you made a tremendous find, enjoy and one word of advice with that engine, is to keep the gas as clean as possible, the carbs are a major sore spot.