Docwheelhorse

This is why I have all the pieces, parts and tractors I do.... this makes it satisfying

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

well after lots of coaxing and watching from a distance as Craftsman after Craftsman and other similar "riding mowers" where blown up, wrecked or otherwise destroyed I was finally able to convince a friend of mine to go Wheel Horse.  He picked up a C125 8 speed and a C125 Auto with manual lift and brought them home. Both arguably had been put throgh the ringer :deadhorse:       and the Auto had a blown engine.

He managed to get the 8 speed running but the tractor needed an air filter assembly, hub tightening and on and on an on. After I went out to my "junkyard" several times I was able to get him all the bits and pieces he needed and then I showed him how everything goes together. I spent a couple hours over his place and got the mower deck rigged and the tractor serviced. I  traded him a plow bracket and plow frame in exchange for the 125 auto carcass.... not really a great deal for me but I don't mind. Another Wheel Horse has been brought back and put to work, as they all should.

His name is Jim and hes from the next town over... I will get him to try and join the square..... He did mention that he moved some big rocks with it and couldn't believe how much guts it had.  :wh:  your preaching to the choir my friend!

Tony

• Like 5

953 nut

Helping one another is what keeps my world turning, Thanks for helpin convert the Crapssman to become a :wh: .

:USA: 

JackC

Good to hear.  Twelve horses can do a lot of work, especially when they are bolted to a Wheel Horse and fed gasoline..

Marv

953Nut,

My thoughts exactly.

Marvin

Wheel-N-It

You did a good thing. I wish I could have convinced my friend Eddie to go Wheel Horse when it was time for him to buy a mowing tractor. As usual he did not listen to me and bought a new JD stamped steel piece of junk for $3800 from our local overpriced Dealer.

He could have bought a top of the line restored Wheel Horse for $1800 and pocketed the rest.

I bought him books, sent him to school, and he still don't know $h!+   :teasing-slap: