Shuboxlover

My auction scarf today...

Shuboxlover

NEVER...and I mean NEVER have an auction during a home HUSKER football game (for more than one reason) but mainly for my sake.  The DVR was getting good use today.  Anyway, there was an auction about an hour away, had a '88 or '89 520H on it with 650 hours.  You could tell it was taken care of all it's life and in the shed/garage.  It came with the following...

1.)  520H with good tires (the rears were bar tires) and a FACTORY foot hydro.

2.)  36" rear tiller

3.)  48" Deck

4.)  46" Bervac 2-stage snow blower

5.)  Factory Wheel Horse snow cab (with glass windshield, electric wiper/fan/light)

6.)  2 sets of 2 link tire chains

7.)  ALL the manuals in a Wheel Horse three ring binder

8.)  6 25lb suitcase weights

9.)  2 Wheel Horse rear wheel weights (plastic)

10.)  4 Cast iron front Wheel Horse wheel weights

11.)  NOS Wheel Horse cover

12.)  Brand new tiller belt

13.)  A 5 gallon bucket of other misc parts and brackets for???

I bid it up as far as I wanted to go, then it sold on the next bid...I maybe should have went a tad more, but I could tell the lady that bought it REALLY wanted it.  What do you guys think the WHOLE thing sold for??????

After the sell, I went and talked to the nice lady and asked her if there was anything that she would think about selling.  I told her i would be interested in the cast weights, cover, and suitcase weights.  She thought about it for a while and she said she would sell them and we agreed on a price.  I had to take one set of weights off the tractor.  I hung around for a bit and kind of explained to her how everything hooked up, and what every part was for.  Then  I gave her my name and number and told her that if she ever needs any help on it, or wants to sell anything off of it, I would be MORE than interested. 

This is what I ended up with...for $164  :hide:

IMG_20131005_162737_246_zps88bc7605.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

WOW!   :scared-eek:  

Want to sell a set of the front weights?    :) 

"D"- Man

I don't have any knowledge of 520 values but I will throw out guess, $1250.00. Mark.

Shuboxlover

Craig.....maybe :eusa-think:

Twin54....if it went for that price, It would be in my shed right know  ;)

• Like 1

squonk

I had to pay that for 5 suitcase weights 2 yrs. ago. Tried to buy a gravely sulky this weekend. Basically a tube,axle 2 rusty wheels,old tires and a rusty seat. Guy wanted $150!!!!

Edited by squonk

Ed Kennell

If he cast wts are the prize for the best guess on the winning bid,,   I'm in for 2150$. :eusa-think:

Edited by ekennell

cheesegrader

If the tractor is in that kind of condition, 

I would be in that auction all the way to $2000,

maybe a little more if I had a beer or two in me.

Kelly

guess on the sale $2480  you stole the stuff you got, did you see the rear weight bracket that the weights would hang on?? I think they were the counterweight set up for the bervac blower. 

Shuboxlover

guess on the sale $2480  you stole the stuff you got, did you see the rear weight bracket that the weights would hang on?? I think they were the counterweight set up for the bervac blower. 

I did see that and didn't know what it was for, and didnt come home with it :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead: :angry-banghead:

And the price everything sold for was $2,250

I went to $2,000.....even with a few beers in me

• Like 1

DoctorHfuhruhurr

Yikes, that's $1450 more than I paid for mine but mine had a couple hundred more hours.  Maybe you'll get lucky and she'll call you looking to sell it the first time it breaks down and that it ends up being a minor repair. 

Ed Kennell

Soo, did I win the wts with my $2150 guess ??? :ychain:

• Like 1