Sign in to follow this  
dw753

Does a 518h and. 520-8 use the same dash?

dw753

Does a 518h and. 520-8 use the same dash?

sorekiwi

No they are the same shape and size but the 520 has 5 (I think?) gauges and the 518 has just 2 (fuel level and either an ammeter or voltmeter).  Different warning lights up the top as well.

I can post pics if you need me to.

dw753

Well thats what i thought but my buddies 520-8 only has three gauges in the dash it is different than the 520hs dash

boovuc

The 520-HC came with only a few gauges on it compared to the 520-H or 520-8 Speed.

I would think your buddy's 520-8 may have started life as a possible 518 or a 520-HC. Just for giggles, see if you can get a model number off of the fender label. I seriously doubt you can since these don't last as long as the older original metal tags.

I could be wrong and I was wrong once or twice on a few things already this year, :roll: , but I think all 520-H tractors came with a full compliment of gauges and only the HC and the 518 had less.

sorekiwi

I have never seen a 520-8 so I cant comment on that.  Sorry I just assumed we were talking about a 520H.

The plastic dash covering on my 516 has only 2 holes for gauges, but the sheetmetal underneath has a hole for the 3rd one.

buckrancher

yes the 520-8 has a different dash with fewer gauges than the 520H

Brian

Kelly

Not 100% sure but yes the 518 and 520 8 speed use the same basic dash, the 520 HC has the same gauges as the 520 H but not as many warning lights. 

ericj

i have both a 518-H and a 520-8 and yes they both have 3 gauge dashes they ave a fuel, hour meter and volt meter

eric j 

• Like 1