Ed Kennell

656 may join the tribe

Ed Kennell

Got a tip on a 656 w/deck and blower with a 300$ sign on it.  I have all C's up to this point, but maybe it's time to branch out.  Where doe's the 656 stand in the rare list  ?   Will check it out today.   Anyone wanna put a value on it.   I know.......we need pictures. :roll:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

656 1966 Lawn & Garden Tractor 656 4-Speed Tecumseh HH60-105013A 6 Wheel Horse 5053

Would have to be in really nice condition if this is the motor in it.    :popcorn: 

buckrancher

656 1966 Lawn & Garden Tractor 656 4-Speed Tecumseh HH60-105013A 6 Wheel Horse 5053

Would have to be in really nice condition if this is the motor in it.    :popcorn: 

Craig your not have techy issue's are you? :ychain:  :laughing-rolling:

• Like 3

AMC RULES

:hilarious:

Craig your not have techy issue's are you? :ychain:  :laughing-rolling:

I'm not...but it sounds like many here do.   :teasing-poke: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdReuUtTvqI

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

slammer302

I have a hard time with teckyss

Ed Kennell

Ahh, looks like I fired up the Tecky anti's. :angry-nono:    Just got back.......here's the scoop on the 656. She's been sitting in the shed for 4-5 years.   The origonal  HH60 was replaced with an 8hp Tecky. The throttle and choke cables and the brake and clutch pedals are all frozen.  Notch was cut in the left side of the hood to clear the carb and air filter.  The rest of the tin looks really good except for some pretty deep pitting.  Not the original seat. The blower and deck are really in nice shape. All bearings look well greased and free and sound good.  he seller is selling it for his son, and wants it out of his yard.  I asked him to check with his son to see if the hh60 is available. current price =$200.   He did have a freebie 42" no-name blade that I hauled away for him.

The freeby blade

squonk

TECKY POWER!!! :)  :) I just might break out the Sno-Pup with the 2 cycle Tecky this weekend to get her all oiled up! May try it on leaves!! :helmet: 

IMG_0432_zps6e62c737.jpg

images-1-2.jpg

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Ain't no Techy haters here...   :) 

Brian was just busting my hump before I had my second cup this morning. 

• Like 1

slammer302

I like the h60 have a 657 that's all original but it don't have the power of a kohler

• Like 1

stevebo

Hope not to offend anyone here but I would not pay any more than $50 for the entire set up. IMO even at $50 I would pass on it. It all depends on your current frame of mind and how much you are looking to take on as far as a project.

Kelly

As I have said before I have a standing offer of $75 to 100 on any tractor that is mostly complete, that one with the blower and deck I would go $100 might go a little higher if I could hear it run, I bought a Raider 10 lastnight guy wanted $300 for it I could not hear it run no spark, they started to strip the paint off it very ugly tractor, it has a nice snow blade, I offered $75 he said no so I started back to my truck, he asked if I would go higher, I said no, well in the end he added a lawn roller in on the deal and I paid $100 for it all. 

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Found a HH60 today that may be a engine for this tractor.  I didn't get the spec no, but it is painted gray.  Guess this means it didn't come out  of a Horse.  The only thing I don't see is a recoil starter or a way to mount one.   I'll have  to get a pic and the spec no.

stevasaurus

Tecumsehs are great engines!!  The deal is, anyone can get a Kohler running.  Tecumsahs  (usually the carb) are the hard part, and require a little more knowledge for the back yard mechanic. One of the bad things going for the Tecky's, lately is getting parts at a good price.  The HH60 should be no problem getting parts.  I'll take a Briggs on a push lawnmower any day...I have a 3.5 Tecky on my Ariens snow-blower for almost 30 years that runs great. (of course, it helps not getting any snow for years) :ychain: . but 1 or 2 pulls, and it is running.  It is just hard to beat a Kohler on a Wheel Horse...especially the 7 & 8 hsp. :eusa-think: