dclarke

Hub puller

dclarke

I had a hub that was stuck pretty good so I did a search on "hub pullers" to see what some of you have built and I made this one. I turned down a 1/2" plate and welded  a 3/4" grade 8 nut to it and used a 6" grade 8 bolt.... Works Good.

016_zps951bc9ba.jpg

017_zpsa9d3ce5c.jpg

019_zpsd7a6c854.jpg

• Like 7

AMC RULES

Nice work Denny...   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

looks like you used the hub to remove a hub idea in making it. 

• Like 1

dclarke

Craig, I actually saw one that Kelly had made and patterned one on his design. I think he used a 7/8" bolt instead of the 3/4" that I used. It does look like a hub though. Hopefully, I won't break any more hubs trying to get them off.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

It is excellent that you found a drive bolt that is threaded all the way to the head. :)   Excellent Denny.

• Like 1

squonk

Did you use a fine or course thread bolt. My old eyes can' t tell. A fine bolt would deliver more pulling power with less damage to puller part being pulled and you

• Like 1

dclarke

It''s fine thread, Mike.

Terry M

Looks like a Nice handy tool you made there Denny!!  I wish I had your tool making skills!! :)

squonk

I got my I-pad out and new up the pics so Icoud see. Nice

Kelly

As I was reading this I thought that looks like the one I made, I guess it is LOL, I love mine have yet to not get a hub off with it, now some I've had to heat them up, a lot, but still never failed, looks good. 

• Like 1

doc724

I made (had one made), but not quite as fancy.  I used a 1 inch Grade 8 nut and bolt with a fine thread.  It worked splendidly.  The only suggestion I would offer is to grind the face of threaded end (the end that butts up against the axle) flat.  The bolts are not perfectly flat on the end.  If you do not, you will have this nice round impression of the end of the bolt in the end of the axle.  No one notices but me, and I know it is there!