Sign in to follow this  
Butch

Rear mower wheels. Should they be on the ground?

Butch

When you have your mower raised all the way up with the lift lever should those 2 rear wheels be on the ground? Mine are. But I thought

they used to be up.

WheelHorse79

I just mounted an RM324 deck on my 854.  If I used just the lift rod without a link assembly, raising the lift lever all the way would cause the deck to hit the rear tires and the tractor frame.  I couldn't find a lift link assembly, so I made one from a 701 lift strap.  Now, when my deck is raised all the way, the rear wheels are an inch plus off the ground and the deck doesn't hit the rear tires or the frame.  YMMV...

Edited by WheelHorse79

Butch

Hmm.

Trouty56

Could be the adjustments on the front of the carriage....I drop the deck and raise those up to touch the carriage arms and tighten the heck out of them...once in a while they will loosen on one side and I have to adjust them again....

Edited by Trouty56

buckrancher

depends on which hole your height adjustment is in closer the deck cuts the more likely the wheels will be off the ground in the raised position

Brian

Butch

I have the blades set at the 4th hole from the bottom. Is there a manual that shows how to calibrate decks? Thanks guys.