Sign in to follow this  
Sarge

1277 trans question

Sarge

Got an original 1277 that finally barfed it's pump last year and swapped in the complete hydro from my 876 . Question is , I have a C-series hydro pump gear and wonder if it can be swapped over to fit the 1277's original axle ??

Also, where can I find the correct pump gear's plungers/springs to make the hydro lift valves work correctly ? Currently using the 876's hydro lift cylinder/valve/lines and did find almost all replacement valve parts from Toro but it's on the weak side, probably from the old vane pump getting tired .

BTW, awesome site and thanks to an Ebay member for pointing me this direction !

I'll try to post up some pics of the ol' 1277 and 876 soon .

Sarge

pond195520032003

:lol: Sarge, i believe the pump will interchange :banghead: as for the parts TT will be better able to point you in the right direction :USA: glad you found us and :lol: to the ebay seller for pointing the way :omg: :thumbs:

T-Mo

Sarge,

:banghead: Are you the Sarge from MTF? Just curious, anyways, welcome to the site.

Sarge

Well, thanks a bunch for the nice welcomes ....

But, what is MTF??

I'm the Weber Sarge , just Google any info for Weber carbs , been there , done doing that for now ....lol . Just a note, anyone that needs help with their Weber let me know or shoot an email , I can usually help .

I'm nearly sure the pump gears will interchange , just got to get a set of gaskets for the swap . The C series axle section was damaged, looks like someone engaged the parking brake while it was moving at a fair clip and broke the parking brake teeth off . Gears are fine and it also has an 8 pinion diff , so if the one out of the 1277 is a 4 pin I'll swap it out . Now, the drawings I've found show a different style of diff so gotta get that one apart next week and see what's up there . Otherwise, hope to have a much stronger hydro in it soon as the 876's is a bit on the weak side although she'll still back up a very steep hill .

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I love this old tractor . 41 years old , never fails to start , mows quite well despite it's age, will pull a house if asked to and generally just makes me happy to own it . Spent most of today welding a bad rip in the left side of her 48" deck , caught it on a 3" high tree stump and bent the side it where it was worn down from age allowing the blade to rip it's side wide open . Thank God I bought that Tig last year ....can't even see the repair now !!!

Sarge

bell

Well, thanks a bunch for the nice welcomes ....

But, what is MTF??

I'm the Weber Sarge , just Google any info for Weber carbs , been there , done doing that for now ....lol . Just a note, anyone that needs help with their Weber let me know or shoot an email , I can usually help .

I'm nearly sure the pump gears will interchange , just got to get a set of gaskets for the swap . The C series axle section was damaged, looks like someone engaged the parking brake while it was moving at a fair clip and broke the parking brake teeth off . Gears are fine and it also has an 8 pinion diff , so if the one out of the 1277 is a 4 pin I'll swap it out . Now, the drawings I've found show a different style of diff so gotta get that one apart next week and see what's up there . Otherwise, hope to have a much stronger hydro in it soon as the 876's is a bit on the weak side although she'll still back up a very steep hill .

I can't begin to tell you guys how much I love this old tractor . 41 years old , never fails to start , mows quite well despite it's age, will pull a house if asked to and generally just makes me happy to own it . Spent most of today welding a bad rip in the left side of her 48" deck , caught it on a 3" high tree stump and bent the side it where it was worn down from age allowing the blade to rip it's side wide open . Thank God I bought that Tig last year ....can't even see the repair now !!!

Sarge

Sarge! What a small world!

I wondered if you were the same Sarge from zuwharrie... :USA:

:banghead: You're gonna LOVE this place!

perry

:lol: to the ebay seller for pointing the way :USA::omg:

:lol: ...... :D

glad to see you made it here. ... :thumbs: ..... :banghead: .

Sarge

Okay, so anyone know where to find the correct valves, plungers and springs for hydro lifts and such for the C series hydro gear unit ??

Sarge

perry

Okay, so anyone know where to find the correct valves, plungers and springs for hydro lifts and such for the C series hydro gear unit ??

Sarge

sorry cant help ya on your parts :banghead: .

may be easier to find a whole parts tractor and use the whole rearend. roll it up , 4 bolts and your done.

Sarge

If nothing else, I do have the dimensions off the valves I bought from a local Toro dealer , looks like they sourced the last one in stock for me as they no longer show up as good numbers . Might have to coax a friend to bang some out on his lathe this winter . Just the spring is touchy, it's weight pull determines valve load/hydro pressure to the implements .

Man, I need a shop and a paint booth badly...

Sarge

big mike

What hydro is it?

If it is a 15U Sunstrand I have many used ones and can help you with parts.

pond195520032003

Mike, iy is the SunStrand :banghead:

Sarge

The C-series pump/trans is a model #90-1140 / ser#03 PB 34460 piston type . The gear case has a broken park brake gear, couple of blown bearings but otherwise all gears are fine and axles are ok - although some idiot welded the flange on one side . Not sure if I should set the 876 up with a hydro lift or just use the manual setup (have all the correct parts) since it's only getting a 42" deck and plow . If I'm correct on drawings, the pump has the lift valves already installed ....

Sarge