Sign in to follow this  
timo4352

42" RD recycler blades

timo4352

Well, after a somewhat exhaustive search for the proper cutting blade number for my deck, I do believe I've found the right part number(s). My 42 inch rear discharge deck has the recycler kit installed on it and that fact means it uses a special blade too. I came up with quite a few different numbers and blade dimensions, etc. until I looked under the recycler kit part number. I have Karl to thank for posting a picture with that part number on a thread a few years back. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Correct me please if I am wrong, but I've now got a part number of: 14-4879 or 3-79-2920 - both pointing to the same 3 blade kit.

I'm posting this not only to thank Karl but to help ease the search for other recycler owners trying to locate the right blade.

Happy mulching.

Tim

Forest Road

I too have a 42" recycler. Personally i didnt think the blades were anything special. 14-4879 is the number on the boxed set I have. They're made by Oregon. The Oregon # is stamped on each blade. If I can find a few minutes ill get that number as well.

gwest_ca

116840, 79-2920 and 79-3070 all replaced by 14-4879 Kit

Napa - 3 of # 7-06767

Garry