AdamDee

Speedex Model 1831 Help Please

AdamDee

My Name is Adam her in Westminster Ma, and I have what I think is a 1980 something Speedex Model 1831.

It came with a 48" mower deck (hasn't been on in almost 15 years) and I am having hard time with the belt for it. I have had trouble finding info on this tractor never mind the mower deck info icon_rolleyes.gif . I have the deck mounted pulleys on right and clutch arm on left, but I just cant figure out why I have so much play in the belt for the mower icon_neutral.gif . It bounces and jumps off the pulleys, I don't know if there is a spring for the flat pulley (the one that applies pressure to belt)to keep the bouncing down or an additional spring needed on the clutch side. Please help and I will get pic of my baby up in the next day or two.

Thank you up front for any and all help.

Adam

post-11690-0-34193400-1379943841.jpg

Edited by AdamDee

rmaynard

Don't have any info on that problem, but you might want to give a look here:

http://www.speedexforum.com

AdamDee

Hi Bob,

Thank you, I started there and it looks like its been since 2012 that someone posted anything there (other than me the other day) lol. I will be hunting.

Tractor on!!

Adam

AdamDee

Hi AmandaRae,

It is a good one but it does not have any info about my model :snooty: so I am LOST lol.

papaglide

That number 8 just doesn't look the same as the others. Are you sure that its not a 1631? Double check the tag on the engine. It may read 326437 which is the B&S 16 h.p.

gwest_ca

Found an 1832 in the Gates belt book.

Garry