Sign in to follow this  
JimD

Kohler carbs...

JimD

All summer I've been battling the carbs on the B60 and B80. They ran rough and only ran with about half the choke applied. I tried adjusting them a few times to no avail. They'd run ok for a bit then back to rough. Well the other day I bought a new battery for the B60 and when I put it in I decided it was now or never getting them straightened out. So I set the adjustment screws to bottom out counting the turns on both tractors, took them out, cleaned them, shot some Gumout carb cleaner in the holes and let it soak a few minutes then blew them out with air. I reset the screws to manual specs like I did earlier this summer on the first go-round. Then it occurred to me to tighten the mounting bolts. They weren't loose, but they did turn a bit. I think they were just loose enough t suck air and cause the problem I had. They ran beautifully when we mowed this afternoon. So when you get into carb issues, take a second and check the bolts and even periodically again to keep them snugged up. Made a huge difference on mine. :)

• Like 3

buckrancher

also put a straight edge on the carb flange to check for warp

Brian

• Like 2

zieg72

Great tip, I will remember that

• Like 1

Wheel-N-It

Great tip Jim! Makes me wonder how many people are overlooking such a thing now???

• Like 1