Fordiesel69

Need 314-H info......

Fordiesel69

1.) Need to know the year of this.  Model 73403  Serial 7900560

2.) Need to know what kind of transmission fluid, it is a little low.  Book does not say anywhere.

3.) Was wondering what its value would be with all this in mind:  Original owner, 251 hours, 42" SD deck in mint cond used just a few times, plow , chains, wheel weights, hubcaps.  Tractor is not "mint" but very very good.  Was used to plow snow so the foot rests have some rust.  Seat has a tear in the corner.  Runs great, like new actually.

gwest_ca

1997 314-H

10W-30 or 10W-40 motor oil

Garry

Fordiesel69

Approx value?

Forest Road

I have a 1994 314h and just turned 200 hours. It's in perfect shape. With the equally clean 42" rd I wouldn't take less than $2500. Not sure that I'd get any buyers at that price but the machine is that good. Without seeing any pics of yours it could be anywhere from $600 - $1500.

Here's some recent pics.

Hydro

I bought a 1997 314H three years ago from a member here and paid $1400 for it with a 48" deck.  The hours were around 300. This is what it looked like then.  I drove a long way to get it but it was worth it. 

The second photo shows a few mods and the blower for winter time.  Like Forest Road I would not sell it cheap if at all.

post-5559-0-55797300-1379500982_thumb.jp

post-5559-0-68434100-1379501501_thumb.jp

Edited by Hydro
  • Like 1

Fordiesel69

Decided to take the plunge.  Did not get it for a song & dance but it was an acceptable price.  The footrests, and rims should be repainted, but the rest is buffing up like new.  Was used in the winter a lot to plow, but the deck looks like new.  The paint on the bottom still looks new after cleaning it.

Already liking it, but the power feels the same as my 312-8.  Probably because of the hydro pump robbing a tad of the 14HP leaving about the same avail as the 12HP for mowing.

Hydro lift is nice for sure.  Exhaust is way louder than my M12 engine, not sure if it was because of the bigger bore, or that maybe toro revised the muffler to flow better.  Who knows? 

Hydro

We need some pictures please!

leeave96

2.) Need to know what kind of transmission fluid, it is a little low.  Book does not say anywhere.

3.) Was wondering what its value would be with all this in mind:  Original owner, 251 hours, 42" SD deck in mint cond used just a few times, plow , chains, wheel weights, hubcaps.  Tractor is not "mint" but very very good.  Was used to plow snow so the foot rests have some rust.  Seat has a tear in the corner.  Runs great, like new actually.

Decided to take the plunge.  Did not get it for a song & dance but it was an acceptable price.  The footrests, and rims should be repainted, but the rest is buffing up like new.  Was used in the winter a lot to plow, but the deck looks like new.  The paint on the bottom still looks new after cleaning it.

Already liking it, but the power feels the same as my 312-8.  Probably because of the hydro pump robbing a tad of the 14HP leaving about the same avail as the 12HP for mowing.

Hydro lift is nice for sure.  Exhaust is way louder than my M12 engine, not sure if it was because of the bigger bore, or that maybe toro revised the muffler to flow better.  Who knows? 

The 314-H is ONE mighty FINE tractor!!!!!!!!!!  Given the hours, you might as well consider the tractor new.  If you really want to take the tractor to the next level, put one of Matt's foot control kits on this tractor.  Doesn't get much better than the tractor you just bought.

Good luck,

Bill

welderman85

I have a 314h not to sure of the year but it has Toro decals anyways it has 1700 hours and is a champ I use it the Most out of all my horses you will love yours Its a great machine

Hydro

The 314-H is ONE mighty FINE tractor!!!!!!!!!!  Given the hours, you might as well consider the tractor new.  If you really want to take the tractor to the next level, put one of Matt's foot control kits on this tractor.  Doesn't get much better than the tractor you just bought.

Good luck,

Bill

Took the words right outta my keyboard.  The foot motion control is golden.

Fordiesel69

Well, better late than never.........  Ended up picking it up for the higher end of the price range but the deck was pretty much brand new.  The foot rests, rims, and belt guard is another story, but it will detail up very nice once done degreasing, waxing, buffing.  Engine is like new, tranny is strong, and deck is near silent.  Unit was bought by original owner, and was purchased in 1999.  Was garage kept as well.  Just not as mint as you would think for 255 hrs.

IMG_3225_zps17cb6439.jpg

IMG_3227_zpsa42e2043.jpg

IMG_3199_zps0ff0436d.jpg

leeave96

Looks pretty good to me. Probably a 1997 year model as that was the last year for the magnum engine. I've got an 8 speed version of the same tractor and it's my favorite. Mine is a 1997 and I bought it in 1988.

Good luck,

Bill

Hydro

You got a keeper there.  Overall it looks really good.  I have the same tractor but I modified it by adding a 520 front end and steering, front hubs and 10.50 rear wheels.  I also swapped out the engine for a 16 Kohler but the 14 is smoother and a bit quieter.  I would really think about Matt's motion pedal.  It makes an huge difference in the operation of the tractor. :thumbs: